Topics

Bias Tee/RTL Dongle or Application startup to run Bias Tee?

Mark Hatch

Hi,

I have an RTL-SDR blog v3 dongle and a spyverter. Would like to turn on bias-tee when SDR Console v 3.03 is started on Windows 10/64 bit. Obviously, could create a batch file and run the bias tee on command and then kickoff SDR Console.

But thought that there might be an option I am missing somewhere within SDR Console to either directly turn on Bias Tee or run a separate command on startup.

Did some searching of past messages, but they seemed to focus on replacing the RTL driver. Tried that and failed to get an option for the "new" (full) sdr dongle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark
AJ6CU

barmellin@...

You can use this
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl-sdr-blog-v-3-dongles-user-guide/
"

To enable the bias tee in Windows:

  1. Download and extract all the files in this zip file to a folder on your PC. It contains two batch files that can be run.
  2. Make sure all SDR software like SDR#/HDSDR/SDR-Console etc is fully closed.
  3. Run the biastee_on.bat file to turn the bias tee on. It will run and open a CMD prompt that will briefly say "Found Rafael Micro R820T Tuner". The CMD prompt will close soon after upon success.
  4. The bias tee is now on. To turn it off repeat steps 2 & 3, but instead run the biastee_off.bat batch file. Alternatively, simply disconnect and then reconnect the SDR to turn the bias tee off."