Band Plan

We now have band plans in v3.1, suggestions for missing entries in the default plan?

Dennis Matzen

Simon, what is the correct way to create a custom band plan? I have used the "Editor" feature in the ribbon (View, Band Plan, Editor) twice now to add the US HF HAM sub-bands just to find it revert back to the default.  Seems that when I restart it goes back to the default. Where is this data stored, I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks...
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

Simon Brown

Hah,

Bug – will fix today, I plan on updating the 3.1 Beta tomorrow.

Simon, what is the correct way to create a custom band plan? I have used the "Editor" feature in the ribbon (View, Band Plan, Editor) twice now to add the US HF HAM sub-bands just to find it revert back to the default.  Seems that when I restart it goes back to the default. Where is this data stored, I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks...
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

Dennis Matzen

Thanks Simon. If you were in the group of coders in the comic you could raise your hand to both questions....
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

mathews ember

Simon, don't forget a 10-4 good buddy band plan.
Like from 26 Mhz to 28 Mhz.
I do a lot of listening there

Can you give me a link? I only see CB channel info on the internet.

Simon, don't forget a 10-4 good buddy band plan.
Like from 26 Mhz to 28 Mhz.
I do a lot of listening there

Around here it extends upwards to around 28.5 MHz, at least.
{O.O}

On 20211005 21:26:14, mathews ember wrote:
Simon, don't forget a 10-4 good buddy band plan.
Like from 26 Mhz to 28 Mhz.
I do a lot of listening there

mathews ember

In USA the band plan is 26.965 to 27.405.This gives you channels 1 through 40
It would be nice to have 26 Mhz to 28 Mhz as a band selection.  This would cover CB band plus the pirate frequencies.

jdow

I remind you that at least around here the fact that 1.7 MHz over 28.0 MHz are authorized for ham radio use the CBers find their way well into that band. I would support a band for only the legal CB frequencies around 11 meters as appears to exist. Anything else you should make for yourself with your local conditions in mind.

{^_-}

On 20211007 19:16:57, mathews ember wrote:
In USA the band plan is 26.965 to 27.405.This gives you channels 1 through 40
It would be nice to have 26 Mhz to 28 Mhz as a band selection.  This would cover CB band plus the pirate frequencies.

Brent Seres/ VE3CUS

When I worked for Department of Communications back in 1977, there were lots of Good Buddies in Toronto who would modify Yaesu and other han gear and play around between channel 40 and the bottom end of the 10 meter band. Oh what fun we had chasing them with DF equipment,  and sometimes with the help of the cops, seizing their equipment

Frank

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 05:13 AM, Simon Brown wrote:

Bug – will fix today, I plan on updating the 3.1 Beta tomorrow.

Hi Simon

Is it already available somewhere that I can't find it info new or kit ??
As always great job ...!!!

Monday…

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 05:13 AM, Simon Brown wrote:

Bug – will fix today, I plan on updating the 3.1 Beta tomorrow.

Hi Simon

Is it already available somewhere that I can't find it info new or kit ??
As always great job ...!!!

mathews ember

It would be interesting to hear some stories about those days