Topics

Auto Detect remote servers FAILURE HELP!!!

Roger Shaltry

I am receiving the following text at the server after a failed remote client connection to my server. "Connecting to 199.87.136.187 ::50101
Connected
Sending <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Username="k5jax" Password="schnauzer"></SVRMsg> 
Read 0 of 20 bytes after 10 reads
Failed to read message header
Closed"
I have not been able to make a connection to my remote server in more than a year.  This is the closest that I have been to creating a connection.  I can now operate both my client and server at the same time with a remote desktop app.
The local internet provider was apparently (client location) blocking traffic.  I am now on a VPN which seems to slip past the client internet provider data blocking.
I do not know where to look next given the failure message.  Any help will sure be appreciated.
Years ago when I ran V2 server I let local hams use my remote receive site.
Thanks
Roger

I have been trying for many months to connect to my server at a remote location.  The local internet provider was apparently (client location) blocking traffic. I purchased a new internet provider for the server location.  This did not help.

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

You could post images (screen shots) of the following tabs in the the SDR Server Manager:
Accounts
Radio
Firewall
Network
On Air

Then we might be able to help you.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Simon Brown

Which radio? In all probability it’s firewall-related.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Shaltry
Sent: 20 November 2020 20:32
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Auto Detect remote servers FAILURE HELP!!!

I am receiving the following text at the server after a failed remote client connection to my server. "Connecting to 199.87.136.187 ::50101

Connected

Sending <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Username="k5jax" Password="schnauzer"></SVRMsg> 

Read 0 of 20 bytes after 10 reads

Failed to read message header

Closed"
I have not been able to make a connection to my remote server in more than a year.  This is the closest that I have been to creating a connection.  I can now operate both my client and server at the same time with a remote desktop app.
The local internet provider was apparently (client location) blocking traffic.  I am now on a VPN which seems to slip past the client internet provider data blocking.
I do not know where to look next given the failure message.  Any help will sure be appreciated.
Years ago when I ran V2 server I let local hams use my remote receive site.
Thanks
Roger

I have been trying for many months to connect to my server at a remote location.  The local internet provider was apparently (client location) blocking traffic. I purchased a new internet provider for the server location.  This did not help.

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Richard Rimmer

is this correct ?
187 ::50101
a space and 2 colons ?

Simon Brown

Richard,

Please use the forums (URL below) and *please* add screenshots, the reply below is just too vague.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Rimmer
Sent: 23 November 2020 10:42
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Auto Detect remote servers FAILURE HELP!!!

is this correct ?
187 ::50101
a space and 2 colons ?

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Roger Shaltry

Thanks for all of the input.  Thanks Simon.  Finally got this back on the air.  I had to get another router from my new internet provider.  
Close to a year ago Team Viewer threw me off their site because they claimed that I was using it for commercial purposes.  I talked with them and explained that I was a amateur radio operator.  They immediately said "that is a commercial operation" and nothing I could do would satisfy them.  At the same time I lost my internet provider and was forced to find a new service.  Without a desktop software I found it impossible to figure out the problem.
I searched and ended up with "no machine" which was instrumental to getting things back on the air.  A major problem is that I have to make a one hour drive each way to work on the equipment.
I will see if I can put this up on the SDR server site.   My server location is on a ranch with a 160 meter dipole antenna.  Very low noise levels.
Thanks again 
Roger

Simon Brown

Roger,

Glad it’s OK. I would like someone to put a decent HF SDR online on the west coast, would be interesting to listen to the 80m nets.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Shaltry
Sent: 23 November 2020 15:26
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Auto Detect remote servers FAILURE HELP!!!

Thanks for all of the input.  Thanks Simon.  Finally got this back on the air.  I had to get another router from my new internet provider.  
Close to a year ago Team Viewer threw me off their site because they claimed that I was using it for commercial purposes.  I talked with them and explained that I was a amateur radio operator.  They immediately said "that is a commercial operation" and nothing I could do would satisfy them.  At the same time I lost my internet provider and was forced to find a new service.  Without a desktop software I found it impossible to figure out the problem.
I searched and ended up with "no machine" which was instrumental to getting things back on the air.  A major problem is that I have to make a one hour drive each way to work on the equipment.
I will see if I can put this up on the SDR server site.   My server location is on a ranch with a 160 meter dipole antenna.  Very low noise levels.
Thanks again 
Roger

--
- + - + -

Richard Rimmer

Simon, I am replying on the forum, the '199.87.136.187 ::50101'  is part of the original post's question, to me it just looks odd that it has a space and 2 colons, it may be correct but I thought the space would screw up the address