Topics

Auto Detect remote servers FAILURE HELP!!!

Roger Shaltry

I am receiving the following text at the server after a failed remote client connection to my server. "Connecting to 199.87.136.187 ::50101
Connected
Sending <SVRMsg xml:lang="EN" Command="Radios" Username="k5jax" Password="schnauzer"></SVRMsg>
Read 0 of 20 bytes after 10 reads
Failed to read message header
Closed"
I have not been able to make a connection to my remote server in more than a year.  This is the closest that I have been to creating a connection.  I can now operate both my client and server at the same time with a remote desktop app.
The local internet provider was apparently (client location) blocking traffic.  I am now on a VPN which seems to slip past the client internet provider data blocking.
I do not know where to look next given the failure message.  Any help will sure be appreciated.
Years ago when I ran V2 server I let local hams use my remote receive site.
Thanks
Roger

I have been trying for many months to connect to my server at a remote location.  The local internet provider was apparently (client location) blocking traffic. I purchased a new internet provider for the server location.  This did not help.

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

You could post images (screen shots) of the following tabs in the the SDR Server Manager:
Accounts
Radio
Firewall
Network
On Air

Then we might be able to help you.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Simon Brown

Which radio? In all probability it’s firewall-related.

[...]

Richard Rimmer

is this correct ?
187 ::50101
a space and 2 colons ?

Simon Brown

Richard,

Please use the forums (URL below) and *please* add screenshots, the reply below is just too vague.