From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pedro M.J. Wyns (on Dell XPS)
Sent: 21 May 2020 19:08
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] auto boot Sdr consoe server from W10

can anybody explain me in short how to make the server auto boot when stupid W10 decides to reboot all alone after one of those totally unnecessary updates ?

Pedro C5WP

Bote Man

Those updates are totally necessary. Only a fool would not want to keep his operating system up to current standards considering the incessant, ever-growing security threats being launched on the Internet.

I have spent years throwing rocks at Microsoft because they’re big enough to take it and I’m nobody. But they have too much at stake to allow Windows to be a laughing stock so they have gotten serious about security and I agree with their approach.

Windows Defender reports detected threats back to them so that they can be proactive about protecting your machine when some malware finally breaks out in the wild. Use it and keep it updated.

It is possible to configure Windows Update to download the patch, but wait for you to apply it. I posted a few months back some of the Group Policy settings that provide finer control over how and when it applies updates to minimize frustration. I’ve been caught off-guard by random reboots myself.

Cheat sheet:

RunAs Administrator      gpedit.msc

Click your way to              Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative templates -> Windows components -> Windows update

***

I set up a .cmd script file that starts everything I need at boot time, in the sequence that makes sense, with short delays (using sleep.exe) inserted to avoid a land rush.

There’s probably a PowerShell way to do it better, but this approach works for me.

Bote Man

http://www.botecomm.com/bote/radio/streaming.html