From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Dietmar via groups.io <dl2sba@...>
Sent: 15 July 2022 17:40
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Audio output on unused sound card

I found a strange issue running SDRC 3.1 B2572 on German  W10-64 together with my limeSDRmini.

I use an external USB soundcard for audio input / output. Modulation etc. is fine with this combo. Inside SDRC only one receiver is defined using this external soundcard.

What I found, that when I run SDRC, there is high frequency noise / hisses and sometimes I think to hear some sort of voice modulation on the build-in soundcard of the notebook.

I can mute the receiver but the "ghost-receiver" is still running?!

Anyone any ideas what's going wrong in my setup?

Dietmar, DL2SBA

Larry Dodd

Diet at,
On your WIN10 computer check your audio control panel to see If you may have a microphone or some other item turned on. You can click on anything you find to turn it off
Larry

_______________________

Transmit monitor enabled?

I found a strange issue running SDRC 3.1 B2572 on German  W10-64 together with my limeSDRmini.

I use an external USB soundcard for audio input / output. Modulation etc. is fine with this combo. Inside SDRC only one receiver is defined using this external soundcard.

What I found, that when I run SDRC, there is high frequency noise / hisses and sometimes I think to hear some sort of voice modulation on the build-in soundcard of the notebook.

I can mute the receiver but the "ghost-receiver" is still running?!

Anyone any ideas what's going wrong in my setup?

Dietmar, DL2SBA

Dietmar

@Simon
You mean the monitor section in the TX sidepane?

No, RX&TX monitors not enabled.The noise appears also in RX mode immediately after starting the radio.

@Larry
No internal mic is muted - noise comes, when radio is startend in SDRC

Dietmar, DL2SBA

Simon Brown

OK,

Show me the screenshot with Transmit panel visible, want to see all options.

You mean the monitor section in the TX sidepane?

No, RX&TX monitors not enabled.The noise appears also in RX mode immediately after starting the radio.

@Larry
No internal mic is muted - noise comes, when radio is startend in SDRC

Dietmar, DL2SBA

Dietmar

Here we go - if you need more ...

Dietmar, DL2SBA

Simon Brown

OK,

  1. Just check you only have one receiver defined: Ribbon bar, Receivers
  2. Start the software, start the radio, post the logfile. This shows me more info.