Topics

Attention: Recent users of my KA1GJU @ W1WQM server

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

If you have recently built a definition for this server in the last month or so, PLEASE re-define the KA1GJU @ W1WQM server in your definitions.
I was noticing some strange behavior via the server list:
http://onairv3.sdrspace.com/onair-v3.xml

Was saying users were on the W1WQM server, but using a radio SDR-iq #4... which is located here at my QTH. Plus the frequency was always 7.410Mhz.
The IP address in the 'On AIr' tab was directing incoming requests to my QTH location, not the W1WQM QTH!

So, if you use that server, be sure you see w1wqm.crabdance in your definition! Users with old definitions 'should' be OK, those who recently made new definitions will have to re-define to access the proper radio at the proper location. This site is at the Port City Amateur Radio clubhouse, and is on the end of a dead end road. The antenna is located even further away from QRM sources, and is generally a quiet location.

Your KA1GJU @ PCARC definition should look like this:

Sorry for the mixup, but I saw the strange behavior last night and it took me a while to clean up the server list.
Had to shut the service down with the wrong IP still listed. Then restart it with the proper IP to make the "phantom SDR-iq #4" on 7.140 MHz
go permanently away!

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Curt Faulk

Kriss, it seems to be working very well for me at the moment.  I'm connected to it and listening to 9830kHz.

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

It's 0021UTC and I am on the other (SDR-iq), I see nothing or hear anything on 9830 kHz.
I see you are still on the other.
What do you hear/see?

Kriss KA1GJU

Curt Faulk

Kriss, ugh!  Sorry...

My wife called me away and I forgot to turn off the connection.  I apologize, I am normally very mindful of this.

I was listening to the Voice of Turkey on 9830kHz.  The signal was VERY strong, but I didn't notice the signal strength values.  The reception was really good though.

Simon Brown

Kriss,

One of your servers suffers from mixer products – I see this with the HF+ on (I think) the server with port 50101.

Assuming you have the latest firmware wonder whether you have a bad antenna connection / preamp / cable connection somewhere as the HF+ should not be affected like this. I see MW AM on 80m at times.

Next time I see this I’ll post a screenshot.

[...]

I have two separate locations running the port of 50101.
One here at my home QTH, and one at the PCARC clubhouse. The PCARC I noticed had some weird QRM and noticed all signals were rather weak.
Might be a loose UHF connector, those darn things loosen up over time if only wrenched on by hand. Time to drive by and check the antenna out in the woods, it's next to the shooting range, so doesn't get too many people monkeying with it!
This site has a Stridesburg Multi coupler and a receiver front end protector inline, due to a being a club station with numerous HF transmissions possible.

Although this AM (after our first heavy rain in MONTHS), it seems to be OK:

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Simon Brown

Ah,

Was OK this morning. A non-tight connector could do this. Great servers you have, I listen from time to time.

I have two separate locations running the port of 50101.
One here at my home QTH, and one at the PCARC clubhouse. The PCARC I noticed had some weird QRM and noticed all signals were rather weak.
Might be a loose UHF connector, those darn things loosen up over time if only wrenched on by hand. Time to drive by and check the antenna out in the woods, it's next to the shooting range, so doesn't get too many people monkeying with it!
This site has a Stridesburg Multi coupler and a receiver front end protector inline, due to a being a club station with numerous HF transmissions possible.

Although this AM (after our first heavy rain in MONTHS), it seems to be OK:

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

I haven't had time to drive up there yet. But there will be somebody operating from there this AM on 75M, I'll have him tighten the connectors.

73 Kriss KA1GJU