Arinst SDR Dreamkit V1D

Simon Brown

Here Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday.

Adding support will take a day or two.

Gisle Vanem

Seems there are no quality filters inside. FM-stations leaking into the HF-bands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JzADBrNqCE&ab_channel=JAMDIGITAL

Larry Dodd

Simon,
Good specifications. Hope you will have a switch to turn the AGC off if desired. Thanks!
Larry, K4LED

On Oct 12, 2021, at 8:31 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Here Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday.

Adding support will take a day or two.

see if you have fm stations in the shortwave area ... the dreamkit seems to have not so well designed filters (if there are any)

i just have watched a video from a user with fm stations on shortwave .. hmm?!?

(is that a vhf uhf sdr with an upmixer as frontend for sw???)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 12.10.2021 um 14:30 schrieb Simon Brown:

Here Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday.

Adding support will take a day or two.

I have no idea what it is; I just get sent radios, I add support.

see if you have fm stations in the shortwave area ... the dreamkit seems to have not so well designed filters (if there are any)

i just have watched a video from a user with fm stations on shortwave .. hmm?!?

(is that a vhf uhf sdr with an upmixer as frontend for sw???)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 12.10.2021 um 14:30 schrieb Simon Brown:

Here Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday.

Adding support will take a day or two.

i would take a closer look inside ;-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 12.10.2021 um 15:08 schrieb Simon Brown:

I have no idea what it is; I just get sent radios, I add support.

see if you have fm stations in the shortwave area ... the dreamkit seems to have not so well designed filters (if there are any)

i just have watched a video from a user with fm stations on shortwave .. hmm?!?

(is that a vhf uhf sdr with an upmixer as frontend for sw???)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 12.10.2021 um 14:30 schrieb Simon Brown:

Here Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday.

Adding support will take a day or two.

bagmouse7@...

This is great news, I have one on the way too!

bagmouse7@...

Simon, have you received you’s?

Mine came the other day.  Pretty quick delivery from Russia to US (20 days).

It’s a pretty cool little receiver and works better than expected.
I have updated to the latest version.

The receiver seems good when connected to my normal antenna, I am not seeing any overload and I don’t see any FM images.  Sensitivity seems good.  There are a lot of options to tune the display.  After playing with the controls foe a while I got a feel for how they work and I can tune the display how I like it.

The user interface is... interesting.
The interface is unusual, and it makes makes sense.  Like any radio, it really needs a tuning knob.

I am ready to test once you have an image ready ;-)
Thanks!

Simon Brown

Will send you a few DLLs.

Mine came the other day.  Pretty quick delivery from Russia to US (20 days).

It’s a pretty cool little receiver and works better than expected.
I have updated to the latest version.

The receiver seems good when connected to my normal antenna, I am not seeing any overload and I don’t see any FM images.  Sensitivity seems good.  There are a lot of options to tune the display.  After playing with the controls foe a while I got a feel for how they work and I can tune the display how I like it.

The user interface is... interesting.
The interface is unusual, and it makes makes sense.  Like any radio, it really needs a tuning knob.

I am ready to test once you have an image ready ;-)
Thanks!

N2MS

Does anyone know where we can get the Arinst SDR Dreamkit V1D? The Ebay site is out of stock

Supply chain issues?

Mike N2MS

On 10/12/2021 8:30 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Here Wednesday (tomorrow) or Thursday.

Adding support will take a day or two.

-

Simon Brown

Yes,

Same with many companies at the moment, ELAD are having problems as well.