From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of sm6fhz via groups.io <ingolf.fhz@...>
Sent: 31 August 2022 09:30
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Apache Labs Hermes board order revisited

Hi all.

Has anyone that ordered the Hermes board in January - February - March 2022 from Apache Labs received their board?
I have not. Nor have I heard anything at all about any delivery.
Their Web-page does not mention those old orders at all any longer.

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1022/Open-HPSDR-Hermes-14-bit-ADC-EP3C25-Transceiver-Card-Assembled--Tested.html

It is only talking about new orders now.
It would be nice to get some information about how those first orders proceed.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Has anyone that ordered the Hermes board in January - February - March 2022 from Apache Labs received their board?
I have not. Nor have I heard anything at all about any delivery.
Their Web-page does not mention those old orders at all any longer.

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1022/Open-HPSDR-Hermes-14-bit-ADC-EP3C25-Transceiver-Card-Assembled--Tested.html

It is only talking about new orders now.
It would be nice to get some information about how those first orders proceed.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

sm6fhz

Thanks for the answer, Simon.
So, I am not alone in this situation.
Reading the thread in the link it seems to have been promised shipping within 2 to 3 weeks since June.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

jdow

From China? Good luck. They have rotating COVID lockdowns, no power, and no water in much of the industrial regions of China. They also have, I am told, the best of all governments. They told me so.

{o.o}

I've heard nothing - in fact I had forgotten about this.

Has anyone that ordered the Hermes board in January - February - March 2022 from Apache Labs received their board?
I have not. Nor have I heard anything at all about any delivery.
Their Web-page does not mention those old orders at all any longer.

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1022/Open-HPSDR-Hermes-14-bit-ADC-EP3C25-Transceiver-Card-Assembled--Tested.html

It is only talking about new orders now.
It would be nice to get some information about how those first orders proceed.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

sm6fhz

I got the impression that their production facility was in India. But I am not positive.
Maybe someone knows.
73 / Ingolf

jdow

Come to think on it that is the impression I have. They probably need parts from China. Shanghai has been packed up and is slowly clearing backlogs whenever they can get past being locked down. Many of the other ports are still tied up because of BA.5 and China's absolutely bonkers zero covid policy.

There is another problem getting stuff in through US ports. Los Angeles is utterly backed up AND parking trains on one of the tracks of their two track main line through the "Alameda Corridor" where they are getting systematically looted. But that would not affect Europe.

{^_^}