Topics

Any logbooks available other than Ham Radio Delux? #logging

Hank Tyler

For ham radio logging while using SDR Console, what are the options? Right now I'm aware of only HRD. Needless to say I mean logbooks that follow frequency and mode automatically.

Thanks!

Hank/ke0cu

Siegfried Jackstien

dx keeper from dx lab suite ... with omnirig, pathfinder etc etc

but there are a dozen out in the net

dg9bfc sigi

Am 09.11.2020 um 00:30 schrieb Hank Tyler:

For ham radio logging while using SDR Console, what are the options? Right now I'm aware of only HRD. Needless to say I mean logbooks that follow frequency and mode automatically.

Thanks!

Hank/ke0cu

Simon Brown

Log4OM.

dx keeper from dx lab suite ... with omnirig, pathfinder etc etc

but there are a dozen out in the net

dg9bfc sigi

Am 09.11.2020 um 00:30 schrieb Hank Tyler:

For ham radio logging while using SDR Console, what are the options? Right now I'm aware of only HRD. Needless to say I mean logbooks that follow frequency and mode automatically.

Thanks!

Hank/ke0cu

NoName

I like Amateur Contact Log by N3FJP

In God We Trust
All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved - Romans 10:13
A Prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it - Proverbs 22:3
On 11/8/2020 4:30 PM, Hank Tyler wrote:
For ham radio logging while using SDR Console, what are the options? Right now I'm aware of only HRD. Needless to say I mean logbooks that follow frequency and mode automatically.

Thanks!

Hank/ke0cu

Antoon, PA3BWE

Swisslog

Robin Thompson

“Swisslog” is quite good and it supports Omnirig so SDRconsole syncs with it no problem - it also supports and syncs with WSJT so easy to log all those Ft8 contacts !
Robin
G3TKF

Sent from my Phone

On 9 Nov 2020, at 00:30, Hank Tyler <tylerhster@...> wrote:

For ham radio logging while using SDR Console, what are the options? Right now I'm aware of only HRD. Needless to say I mean logbooks that follow frequency and mode automatically.

Thanks!

Hank/ke0cu

John, G4DRS

Logger32 is very good, very versatile and free of charge.

John
G4DRS

Jim Smith G0OFE

LOG4OM is good as others have mentioned. One drawback is that if you're a VHF grid chaser, tracking support for that is still rather poor. Best logging program in that respect by far is VQLog... while not free, the cost is very modest (20 euros for 2 years of updates) but EA6VQ is a big vhf man.

Logger32 is excellent all round, my personal favourite.. I use that, and VQLog for VHF.. importing logs from the latter to the former is a very simple matter.

Each logging program has different strengths and features.. best bet is to try them all and see which one suts you best. The beauty is that ADIF allows you to export and import logs between most (if not all) of them easily.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 09/11/2020 00:30, Hank Tyler wrote:
For ham radio logging while using SDR Console, what are the options? Right now I'm aware of only HRD. Needless to say I mean logbooks that follow frequency and mode automatically.

Thanks!

Hank/ke0cu

Bart AA7VA

Siegfried mentioned DXLabs "DX Keeper" logging software, and I would like to also mention that depending on what you are expecting or what you want it geared for, DX Labs is optimized for DX'ing.  It is a full service suite of programs, just use the parts you need.  Although more effort is required to set up than others (like HRD or log4om) it is far more flexible and can be customized to fit your operations.  Plus, the support is top class, like SDR-Radio's, so you can rely on great help from developer and other users.  Many find it too complicated, but take one portion at a time and it really rocks.

Hank Tyler

Edited

When SDR Console is running and connected to my rig (via OmniRig), I don't see a way to also connect to DXKeeper. Has anybody done this and can offer suggestions on how to do it? Or if any of the other logs mentioned can do it, please let me know!

Thanks!

Robin Thompson

If you have SDRconsole connected via Omnirig to your 7100 and it’s all showing sync - (do that first), then a logging prog like Swisslog and others (NOT N1MM!) that *have Omnirig support * , by selecting Omnirig in that software *should* all connect in sync ......
Good luck
73
Robin

Sent from my Phone

On 9 Nov 2020, at 15:55, Hank Tyler <tylerhster@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

When SDR Console is running and connected to my rig (via OmniRig), I don't see a way to also connect to DXKeeper. Has anybody done this and can offer suggestions on how to do it? Or if any of the other logs mentioned can do it, please let me know!

Thanks!

Steve KH6CT

Hank....  My vote goes to Log4OM.  It's free and has everything you want in one program.  Using it here along with SDRConsole and Win4Yaesu.  OmniRig will get everything talking together.  A bit of a learning curve as there are a multitude of configuration options; there's a nice friendly forum to help answer questions.
73, Steve KH6CT

Jim Smith G0OFE

I have successfully connected my Console to 2 separate logging programs... just use separate virtual comms ports to the radio and to DX Keeper and enable them both in Console. May well work with external radio and logging program as well.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 09/11/2020 15:51, Hank Tyler wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

When SDR Console is running and connected to my rig (via OmniRig), I don't see a way to also connect to DXKeeper. Has anybody done this and can offer suggestions on how to do it? Or if any of the other logs mentioned can do it, please let me know!

Thanks!

Terry Genes G4POP

Jim,
You should try integrating Log4om with Gridtracker if your a square basher

Terry G4POP
Log4OM

Brent Seres/ VE3CUS

I would second Amateur Contact Log.

73
Brent

Sent from my Galaxy

Robin Thompson

Jim Hi...
I don’t suppose you (or anyone you know) have ever tried N1MM with SDRC using any combination of vcports ? MM seems to be THE problem compared with other loggers....

Robin
G3TKF

Sent from my Phone

On 9 Nov 2020, at 17:02, Jim Smith G0OFE <sdr-radio@...> wrote:

[...]

I had no idea OmniRig would support two connections at the same time! So I hooked up Dx Keeper which I am familiar with and it works great, solving the problem I was having with HRD. Thanks for all the suggestions. I may look at Log4OM while I'm messing around.

la6lu@online.no

On 09.11.2020 15:06, Bart AA7VA wrote:
DX Keeper" logging software
It seems to me that each and every of these mentioned logging programs are ham logging software, specialized for that, which is good if that is what one is looking for.

I have been looking for something more useful for utility logging if someone should know about something for that.

Thanks...

--
Best regards
Geir, LA6LU

Bart AA7VA

Hank,
Go to DXLabs site, go through the DX Commander setup and help files, it works very well.  I use that combo on my FT450D/RSP1a combo and it is like running a IC7300 with a large screen and far superior display and controls.  Many hints and solved problems are on the wiki.

NoName

I still use the old, venerable Shortwave Log by Bob Sillett.  It has a
ton of features and is easy to use.

Chris / N7WBZ