Topics

Airspy R2 and RX888

Paul

For anyone with an RX888, as it uses an R820T2 above 30MHz has anyone compared the VHF performance to the R2?

Paul

Bob Dengler

At 1/12/2021 06:58 AM, you wrote:
For anyone with an RX888, as it uses an R820T2 above 30MHz has anyone
compared the VHF performance to the R2?
Mine is rather deaf @ VHF & UHF: 0.6 uV for 12 dB SINAD. The weird part is that throwing a bunch of gain ahead of it actually works - it doesn't overload. I suspect some sort of design flaw in the VHF/UHF front-end, or maybe I just got a bad one?

The R2's NF is 6-7 dB - same as my Airspy Mini. Much higher than the claimed 3.5 dB NF, but not bad IMO.

Bob NO6B

Simon Brown

Paul,

I have the R2 and the very latest RX888 Mk2 (in fact I have everything). I don't have my Band II Yagi on a rotator atm, that'll happen on Thursday, so signals are not super strong as I'm beaming away from England to France.

I know of at least two similar devices which will appear from other companies in 2021, I am already working with one company whose device works but is not ready for 'prime time'.

Attached is a screenshot of the RX888 in action on FM Stereo.