Topics

Airspy HF+ at 1.45 GHz

Simon Brown

All,

From Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRealMike/status/1080587191296970756?s=19

An image of the HF+ receiving Es’Hail 2 at 1.45 GHz (there are various downconverter offsets in action). Bet you didn’t know the HF+ was also a GHz+ ?

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

Mikael Dagman

Read about it on rtl sdr blog some time ago, ordered one last week, will be fun to try when it arrives

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/airspy-hf-can-receive-l-band-satcom-1-2-ghz-to-1-69-ghz/

Mike Willis

Edited

Hi Simon,

That's a tweet from me. Yes it works at 1.45 GHz. You and I knew this but not sure everyone does. The technical explanation is that the chipset used is for mobile radio and it covers the L-band DAB allocation.  What you see above is the same as I have on the LimeSDR, only the HF+ is a bit better apart from extra spurii here and there.

Mike

Leif Asbrink

Hi Simon and All,

The chip used in the HF+ has a serious error. There
are HORRIBLE spurs that degrade the NF and of course
would catastrophiclaay destroy reception in case there is
a signal on a spur frequency.

Luckily there is a work-around. Set the bandwidth to 48 kHz
and then the problems are automagically filtered out so
you can get a good performance on L-band with the HF+.

73

Leif

All,

From Twitter: