Topics

A problem with Virtual Audio Cables

Paul Gulliver

I'm using SDR console V3 to receive C-Band aero signals from the Inmarsat satellite - my setup is: RSP1A into SDR console, console has 9 receivers feeding 9 instances of Jaero decoding software each fed via a virtual audio cable.
Everything works fine for several hours then for no apparent reason the link is lost on all VAC's between console and Jaero - the signal is showing on the waterfall in console but not being passed on. The VAC links can be re-established by closing down console and re-opening it..
Has anyone experienced this sort of problem or any ideas where to look - the trouble is this receiver setup is supposed to run 24/7  so the problem is a bit frustrating.
All being run on a Windows 7 laptop

Paul

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Paul,
I had similar problems with VAC, so I stopped using it. I installed VBAudio and have never lost a connection...in months of use.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 7:46 AM Paul Gulliver <paulg1953@...> wrote:
I'm using SDR console V3 to receive C-Band aero signals from the Inmarsat satellite - my setup is: RSP1A into SDR console, console has 9 receivers feeding 9 instances of Jaero decoding software each fed via a virtual audio cable.
Everything works fine for several hours then for no apparent reason the link is lost on all VAC's between console and Jaero - the signal is showing on the waterfall in console but not being passed on. The VAC links can be re-established by closing down console and re-opening it..
Has anyone experienced this sort of problem or any ideas where to look - the trouble is this receiver setup is supposed to run 24/7  so the problem is a bit frustrating.
All being run on a Windows 7 laptop

Paul

Mikael Dagman

Try an older release, I'm using 4.15 without problem, runs for weeks without problem.

Oidar

I use VAC 4.14.
After adjusting the audio levels it has been working 24/7 for several months without any touch.
The levels may be checked using the VAC control panel.

Hint 1: You may get a better hint where the connection is lost, if you check if the signal is still present from console V3 -> VAC, when it fails to reach Jareo.
Hint 2: Just a silly question, have you purchased a license or do you use the test version?

//Mats

Paul Gulliver

Ok, thanks for the various replies, much appreciated.

I'm using V4.51 at the moment, perhaps I'll go back to V4.15 - it's noted on the web site it can be more stable under certain circumstances.

I hadn't thought of checking within VAC to see if the audio is there when the interruption occurs - thanks for that hint
Yes, I am using the full license version :)

I wonder if it might be my computer is struggling under the work load, the CPU peaks at just over 90% sometimes, I might have to consider and upgrade

Cheers,

Paul

On 02/12/2018 at 15:55, Oidar <omnia@...> wrote:
I use VAC 4.14.
After adjusting the audio levels it has been working 24/7 for several months without any touch.
The levels may be checked using the VAC control panel.

Hint 1: You may get a better hint where the connection is lost, if you check if the signal is still present from console V3 -> VAC, when it fails to reach Jareo.
Hint 2: Just a silly question, have you purchased a license or do you use the test version?

//Mats

MadMike

As VBAudio is limited to 3 virtual sound cards, it can't be used in Paul's case where he is using 9 receivers feeding 9 copies of JAero.

Regards, Mike Simpson
South Penrith, NSW, Australia