A new SDR for you Simon?

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

https://www.mwrf.com/markets/defense/article/21169906/microwaves-rf-spaceready-sdr-module-carries-open-reconfigurable-fpga

I’m too scared to ask the price!

I know we ask for “bomb-proof” front ends but I’d settle for space-proof!

You can almost feel Sigi checking his bank balance 😊

73

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Nr Chesterfield, Derbyshire UK

Lat: 53.167194 Lon:  -1.399204  Maidenhead Locator IO93HE

RX: Lowe HF250, RSPdx, CCW Sentinel 4, Roberts RM50, Radiomobile TR2, Sony CDX-DAB500U Sangean 808

Ant: 15m MLB wire, MTA Vertical, D707 Active,

Simon Brown

Smells a bit like an Analog Devices chip.

I know we ask for “bomb-proof” front ends but I’d settle for space-proof!

You can almost feel Sigi checking his bank balance 😊

73

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Nr Chesterfield, Derbyshire UK

Lat: 53.167194 Lon:  -1.399204  Maidenhead Locator IO93HE

RX: Lowe HF250, RSPdx, CCW Sentinel 4, Roberts RM50, Radiomobile TR2, Sony CDX-DAB500U Sangean 808

Ant: 15m MLB wire, MTA Vertical, D707 Active,

Chris Robinson KF6NFW DMR ID 3153250

I didn't see a price Tag outside of Spaceproof, MilSpec, and NASA. I assume each letter in acronyms has an assigned numerical value in the realm of dollars and cents. I also suspect, my bank account says no 'sense'!

Otherwise, neat package, I want one.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021, 7:13 AM Tom Crosbie G6PZZ <tom@...> wrote:

https://www.mwrf.com/markets/defense/article/21169906/microwaves-rf-spaceready-sdr-module-carries-open-reconfigurable-fpga

I’m too scared to ask the price!

I know we ask for “bomb-proof” front ends but I’d settle for space-proof!

You can almost feel Sigi checking his bank balance 😊

73

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Nr Chesterfield, Derbyshire UK

Lat: 53.167194 Lon:  -1.399204  Maidenhead Locator IO93HE

RX: Lowe HF250, RSPdx, CCW Sentinel 4, Roberts RM50, Radiomobile TR2, Sony CDX-DAB500U Sangean 808

Ant: 15m MLB wire, MTA Vertical, D707 Active,

Simon Brown

You don’t want one. Wait for the XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year. Low-ish price, spectacular performance.

[...]

Larry Dodd

Yes. I’m still waiting for the XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year.
Larry, K4LED

On Aug 4, 2021, at 10:38 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year.

Simon Brown

Me too, I’ve seen the spec and test results 😊 .

Yes. I’m still waiting for the XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year.

Larry, K4LED

On Aug 4, 2021, at 10:38 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year.

Chris Robinson KF6NFW DMR ID 3153250

I didn't necessarily say, I want a first gen. ! You are correct though,  wait a few months for the next 10 companies to make it available at a more reasonable price.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021, 7:38 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

[...]

N2MS

When they don't show the price it means the only ones that can afford are aerospace or military procurement officials

Mike N2MS

On 08/04/2021 10:32 AM Chris Robinson KF6NFW DMR ID 3153250 <kf6nfw@...> wrote:

[...]

Neat looking, but as they they say in government contracts  "If you have to ask the price, you cannot afford it" :-)
I too am waiting on the tease from Simon, for the XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year.

73 de k1jbd
bammi

Trevor Smithers

Back in August Simon said

You don’t want one. Wait for the XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year. Low-ish price, spectacular performance.

Is this still on schedule for this year ?

Trevor  G0KTN

Simon Brown

Sadly not

You don’t want one. Wait for the XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year. Low-ish price, spectacular performance.

Is this still on schedule for this year ?

Trevor  G0KTN

Mag loop Simon

“Low-ish price, spectacular performance.”

Thats a description of me!!

( lol)

G0zen

Robert Lorenzini

I feel like I'm in a episode of "Benidorm".

Bob - wd6dod

On 11/13/2021 1:13 PM, Mag loop Simon wrote:
“Low-ish price, spectacular performance.”

Thats a description of me!!

( lol)

G0zen

Simon Brown

When Benidorm was good it was very good. Scary stuff.

I feel like I'm in a episode of "Benidorm".

Bob - wd6dod

On 11/13/2021 1:13 PM, Mag loop Simon wrote:
“Low-ish price, spectacular performance.”

Thats a description of me!!

( lol)

G0zen

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Mauno_Ritola

Is it just postponed or cancelled altogether?

Thanks,

Mauno

Simon Brown kirjoitti 13.11.2021 klo 21:10:

Sadly not

You don’t want one. Wait for the XXXYYY from ZZZAAA this year. Low-ish price, spectacular performance.

Is this still on schedule for this year ?

Trevor  G0KTN

Delayed.