From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Conrad, PA5Y via groups.io <g0ruz@...>
Sent: 10 July 2022 08:26
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Cc: Rob Hardenberg <rob@...>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Band II antenna

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

OK I will try him again, he passed it on to Wimo who failed miserably.

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Ah,

I buy direct, maybe that helped.

OK I will try him again, he passed it on to Wimo who failed miserably.

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

I emailed Justin; I know him quite well so perhaps he will intervene. He was trying to save me shipping costs.

Regards

Conrad

OK I will try him again, he passed it on to Wimo who failed miserably.

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Jim Smith G0OFE

You could try the Antennenland Korner 9.2, German company, I don't know if they ship outside Germany these days. I know they won't ship to the UK any longer thanks to Brexshit.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 10/07/2022 07:31, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

OK I will try him again, he passed it on to Wimo who failed miserably.

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

Hello Jim, yes Rob PE1ITR gave me a link earlier today. You mean this one?

https://www.antennenland.net/3H-FM-9M19

I just emailed them about shipping to the Netherlands.

Regards

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Jim Smith G0OFE

That's the one.

We have a couple of the guys in our Discord FM-DX chat room using them.

================================

On 10/07/2022 16:21, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

Hello Jim, yes Rob PE1ITR gave me a link earlier today. You mean this one?

https://www.antennenland.net/3H-FM-9M19

I just emailed them about shipping to the Netherlands.

Regards

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Larry Dodd

Nine rotatable is better!

Larry K4LED

_______________________

On Jul 10, 2022, at 12:21 PM, Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

Hello Jim, yes Rob PE1ITR gave me a link earlier today. You mean this one?

https://www.antennenland.net/3H-FM-9M19

I just emailed them about shipping to the Netherlands.

Regards

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

Yes Larry, I know Bernd quite well as I am also active on 432MHz EME.  By the way if anybody has a small yagi on 432MHz and 50W you can work DL7APV off the moon. Maybe everyone knows this already.

Regards

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

Jim they will not ship directly to me, but I can have the antenna delivered to a GLS parcel shop just over the border. It’s only 24 miles so not too bad.

Conrad

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Ken Sejkora

Interesting image, Larry.  Aren’t there 10 yagis, 8 on top and 2 on the bottom?  And it appears the two on the bottom might be oriented with the elements in the vertical plane, as opposed to horizontal like the top yagis.

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Larry Dodd

Yes 10. I missed counting one. Also looks like the whole array rotated both horizontally and azimuth.
Larry

_______________________

On Jul 10, 2022, at 1:17 PM, Ken Sejkora <kjsejkora@...> wrote:

Interesting image, Larry.  Aren’t there 10 yagis, 8 on top and 2 on the bottom?  And it appears the two on the bottom might be oriented with the elements in the vertical plane, as opposed to horizontal like the top yagis.

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Larry Dodd

I'm guessing it will be an array of 16 when finished.
Larry K4LED

_______________________

On 7/10/2022 17:20:20, Larry Dodd via groups.io <101science@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Larry, no the purpose of the structure is the 128 yagis on 432MHz for EME.

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Nicholas Shaxted

..finished probably just in time for the closure of Band II following the move to DAB+

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Back in the 60s there was a company called "TELEX" or "TELREX", can't remember which now. They made a 9 element close spaced beam for 50 MHz. In the 70s I had a nice 70' tower (do I need 120' now?) with TH6DXX at 70', the 50 MHz beam above that, and a literal metal broomstick a wire coat hanger clone of the 6 meter beam. It worked very well for me. Of course, that 70' tower put the antennas at 1000' ASL with down slopes to the West through South through East - and mountains to the North. (Working Chelyabinsk once from there was a thrill.)

If it conducts it radiates. That antenna could have been better. But, it had a real beam pattern and real gain. I count that as a success. Wire coat hanger steel is not THAT much worse a conductor than alumin(i)um.

{^_^}

On 20220710 08:10:40, Jim Smith G0OFE wrote:

[...]

For some people cocaine is the signal that they have too much money. I think this guy has a quite different and far more respectable signal that he has too much money - and time - on his hands. That must have taken awhile to get phased in and fed properly. I wonder if he really gets the 21 dB extra gain that should give him over a single beam. (18 dB would mean he has a lot of patience and very low loss feed lines across the array.)

Has he started the second one so he can use SDR techniques as he rotates them together for another 3 dB of gain.

{O.O}

On 20220710 11:03:03, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:

Hello Larry, no the purpose of the structure is the 128 yagis on 432MHz for EME.

The 8 element innov is very good, it's worth waiting for. Send Justin a direct mail if you have problems.

As there are more experienced Band II DXers lurking can you recommend a Band II antenna? Max boom-length 5m and in stock somewhere in Europe. I ordered an Innovantennas OPT-DES which has not showed up 16 weeks later, so I cancelled the order. I have a crappy 3 ele up now. It was good enough for MUF tracking but would like something better for tropo.

Any recommendations?

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

Er the clone was at about 1/3 size and worked on two meters.

{o.o}

On 20220710 12:00:32, jdow wrote:

[...]

Larry Horlick

How many connectors in the phasing harness?