Remaining VAC Issue

George Stein - NJ3H

Greetings,

Starting a new thread.

Last week, Simon and others helped me with audio problems I was having with SDRC. Thank you all!

Some problems have been cleared up, but I am having still having issues.

Background:
1. Using VAC (registered version), I get background crackling noise using SDRC with my Elad S2 and RSPdx.  Using the native software, the audio if fine.

2. Based on suggestions, I have changed ms per int from 7 to 5 and Stream buffer watermark High from 200 to 500 (the next higher value).  Attached is a picture of the VAC Control Panel.

3. I have tried other programs (internet audio and WinAmp audio) going through one of the VACs.  All situations are working well.

4. I tried VB Cable and 90% of the time the audio is fine.  So it may not be a VAC problem.

4. The only common denominator is SDRC, I believe.

As I said in the previous thread, this is the first time this issue has been a problem.  SDRC has always worked fine on this computer, which is Win 10 Enterprise, 32 GB, Sound Blaster Z. Nvidia 1665 Super video card.

Any other ideas to correct this will be most appreciated.

Regards,

George

George Stein - NJ3H

I used a paint shop pro format for the VAC control panel picture. in error.  attached is a .bmp that everyone can open.

Simon Brown

Look at the audio settings, make sure on Default. I' hearing Console pumping the audio and not getting a steady flow through the audio cable.

If you enable Diagnostics then extra info may be seen with DebugView.

What software is on the other end, I can try to reproduce this.

[...]

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I have implemented the audio settings you suggested.  No improvement.  I changed the bandwidth using the Elad S2 from 6.144 MHz to 1.536 MHz.  No improvement.

Attached is the log from DebugView.

I am not sure about your question about the software on the other end.

I have tried each of my receivers (Perseus, HF+ Discovery, Elad S2, R2, and RSPdx) using their native software and VAC without any issues.  When I do NOT use VAC and the audio just goes to the speakers when using SDR Console, all is fine.

So it comes down to SDRC and VAC.

If I restart Console with VB cable already selected, then the audio is fine.

I should mention that I am using VAC's Audio Repeater program to listen to whatever VAC I want to.  I have batch files for each cable.  Interestingly enough, VB cable shows up in the list in Audio Repeater and as I said that does work.

The use of the VACs and audio Repeater is something that I have done for years.  So there shouldn't have been any surprises.  Of course I have been using console for years as well.  3.1 and now 3.2 have the same issue.

Please let me know of anything else I can try.

Regards,
George

George Stein - NJ3H

Forgot the DebugView file.

Simon Brown

Thanks, it's flow control bursting. If possible, put a bigger buffer in the VAC I think.