Main Receiver DSP Docking to the RHS

Nicholas Shaxted

Ok dear wise heads,

I installed “SDR-Radio V3.1, 64-bit, 2022-04-12_1245” this morning and when I started it I asked it to remove the DSP panel so that I has only the rx window displaying.

Normally the DSP panel sits to the left of the screen so imagine my surprise when I re-enabled it and it docked over the right-hand side (as per attached screenshot).

I took this as a challenge to find out where the left/right switch was but after rather far too long playing I have decided to give up.

The question is a simple one. How do I persuade SDR-Console to display the DSP panel on the left-hand side of the Console window?

I have tried choccy treats and pictures of cats..but decided I have missed something pretty obvious,

Another cup of finely brewed tea methinks whilst I cogitate further.

Nick – g4ogi

Gisle Vanem

Just click and drag the windows from the right to the left.

Mind you, it's a docking window, so it won't dock were you want until the dark-blue hint-area shows up.

Nicholas Shaxted

Thanks Gisle, but that is what I tried and it doesn’t work here.

When I drag the DSP window to where I want it and all the arrowed windows appear it allows me to drop it in the correct place, but the whole receive window does not shift and the DSP just sits atop the left-hand edge of the rx window.

The problem is that the DSP has become a floating window (again) and when asking it (very nicely) to become a docked window it pops back over to the right-hand side.

No matter what I do it seems only to want to dock only to the right-hand side.

It didn’t think it was a bug but merely a simple user error made by a simple user.

FWIW The mouse is setup for use left-handed.

Nick - g4ogi

For other amusement I have written PTO on both sides at the bottom of a blank piece of A4 paper.

Just click and drag the windows from the right to the left.

Mind you, it's a docking window, so it won't dock were you want until the dark-blue hint-area shows up.

jdow

Three helpful pictures are attached. They show how it works.

{^_^}

On 20220614 01:26:26, Nicholas Shaxted wrote:

[...]

Floating_Window-2022-06-14-092104.jpeg

jdow

Resizing is left as an exercise for the student. This us a very standard Windows GUI metaphor.

{^_^}