How to drive band decoder? Output band data?

Max

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 09:26 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
I think it can poll the current frequency; it supports Kenwood CAT. This info is on the link you supplied.
OK Simon thanks for that. A good steer. I will take a more careful look at the info. Not the most technically literate here so sometimes I can't see what I'm actually looking for, or "can't see the wood for the trees" as we say here in the UK (for our non-UK friends!).

73

Max

Simon Brown

I think it can poll the current frequency; it supports Kenwood CAT. This info is on the link you supplied.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Siegfried Jackstien via groups.io <siegfried.jackstien@...>
Sent: 07 June 2022 21:14
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] How to drive band decoder? Output band data?

I did also ask for a band data out...
Easiest would be via usb.. And a user setable truth table
Or serial port and an arduino nano ?!?
Be it for a hermes and shortwave bands
Or for a pluto and vhf uhf shf bands
Dg9bfc sigi

Am 07.06.2022 21:12 schrieb Max <radiomax@...>:
I have recently acquired one of these Arduino band decoders to control band switching on a linear amplifier that I have:

https://remoteqth.com/arduino-band-decoder.php

I have a Hermes Lite 2 SDR which, as I understand it, with some modification, is able to send band data in a couple of forms. One method I think it supports is voltage levels for each band and another is serial data. I'm not sure what kind.

However, mine is currently unmodified, and before I go ahead and get the soldering iron out, it occurs to me, would it not be easier if SDRC could send band data somehow by way of a table?

So is there a way to get SDRC to send out band data somehow that could drive the switch I have? I assume others must have linears they wish to switch in this way? Of is it always the norm to send the band data direct from SDR/TX to the linear?

Any ideas gratefully received. I did check the SDR-Radio help pages but don't see anything relevant to this, although I may just have missed it? Maybe the USB relays? But also is there any way to use my Arduino switch?

73

Max