Memory Scanning Function

Bill Walch

Hello all,

I apologize if this question has been answered before, but are there any future plans to add a memory scanning function. With 9 banks of 20 channels, it would be a real benefit to have this function to keep track of any frequency within the range of your SDR, such as radio propagation beacons, etc.

73's, Bill

Curt Faulk

About 18 to 24 months ago, Simon had mentioned looking at adding a scanning function. Other priorities came up and he hasn't mentioned it for a while.

He's recently talked about adding features and I would be surprised if this isn't one of them.

I'm sure Simon will jump in here and let us know what he's thinking,

Gedas

Scanning memories would be on the top of my wish list as well for the last several years.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT Gallery at http://w8bya.com Light travels faster than sound.... This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
On 5/7/2022 2:43 AM, Curt Faulk wrote:

About 18 to 24 months ago, Simon had mentioned looking at adding a scanning function. Other priorities came up and he hasn't mentioned it for a while.

He's recently talked about adding features and I would be surprised if this isn't one of them.

I'm sure Simon will jump in here and let us know what he's thinking,

Max

On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 07:43 AM, Curt Faulk wrote:
About 18 to 24 months ago, Simon had mentioned looking at adding a scanning function. Other priorities came up and he hasn't mentioned it for a while.

He's recently talked about adding features and I would be surprised if this isn't one of them.
I agree that for me a scanning function is the last missing piece of the jigsaw that would make SDRC a totally complete solution for the needs of just about any listener.

Max

Simon Brown

Today’s a day for the vegetable garden. And swapping antennas for the 70cms activity this evening.

And there was something else but I’ve forgotten…

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

https://www.sdr-radio.com

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:03 AM, Simon Brown wrote:
And there was something else but I’ve forgotten…
To have more days off!

Max

Nick Hall-Patch

Continuum?   (hi)

Nick

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of MaxSent: 10 May 2022 09:23To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.ioSubject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Memory Scanning Function

On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 07:43 AM, Curt Faulk wrote:

About 18 to 24 months ago, Simon had mentioned looking at adding a scanning function. Other priorities came up and he hasn't mentioned it for a while.He's recently talked about adding features and I would be surprised if this isn't one of them.

I agree that for me a scanning function is the last missing piece of the jigsaw that would make SDRC a totally complete solution for the needs of just about any listener.Max

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada

Noel

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:03 AM, Simon Brown wrote:
And there was something else but I’ve forgotten…
.....he needs to scan his memory :-)

--
Noel

Clacton, southeast England
N51.78 E1.14
Perseus, SDRPlay RSP2, Icom R8500
FCDPro+, BCT15X, AR8000.
pa0rdt, mini-windom, discone

Brian Morrison

On Tue, 10 May 2022 09:17:43 -0700
"Noel via groups.io" <pnoelw@...> wrote:

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:03 AM, Simon Brown wrote:

And there was something else but I’ve forgotten…
.....he needs to scan his memory :-)
Recursive (n.) : see recursive

--

Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde

jdow

Brought to you by the department of redundancy department, division of needless repetition division.

{o.o{