SDR Console with WSJT-X...

Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...>

I'm setting up a Hermes Lite 2 SDR radio with various SDR programs (Quisk - SDR Console - Thetis) and various softwares (WSJT-X - JS8Call - Fldigi - FreeDV).
I succeeded in setting up Quisk with my HL2 and these softwares (Audio by Virtual Cable and Control by Hamlib).

I do not find in the documentation the procedure to have SDR Console and Thetis work with WSJT-X and the other softwares mentionned above (Setup of Audio and Control-PTT).

Where should I look for getting help and the good procedure?

73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Charles Suckling

Hi Pierre

Connection between SDR-Console and WSJT-X needs two virtual connections, audio and CAT.  Audio is via a suitable virtual audio cable. I use.  VB Audio's Cable for audio in one direction and Cable A for audio in the other direction. CAT control is via a virtual serial cable, eg com0com.  SDR-Console emulates a TS2000, so that is the radio you need to select in WSJT-X. PTT can be via CAT or VOX,

I am happy to share screenshots of the various settings, if that helps.

73

Charlie DL3WDG

On Thu, 5 May 2022 at 01:46, Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...> wrote:

I'm setting up a Hermes Lite 2 SDR radio with various SDR programs (Quisk - SDR Console - Thetis) and various softwares (WSJT-X - JS8Call - Fldigi - FreeDV).
I succeeded in setting up Quisk with my HL2 and these softwares (Audio by Virtual Cable and Control by Hamlib).

I do not find in the documentation the procedure to have SDR Console and Thetis work with WSJT-X and the other softwares mentionned above (Setup of Audio and Control-PTT).

Where should I look for getting help and the good procedure?

73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...>

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I will appreciate if you share screenshots of the various settings.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Charles Suckling

Hi Pierre

I will do that, hopefully later today when I have the system running here.

73

Charlie

On Thu, 5 May 2022 at 08:04, Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...> wrote:
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I will appreciate if you share screenshots of the various settings.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Charles Suckling

Hi Pierre

Please find attached pdf showing the settings I use to connect WSJT-X to SDR-Console.  Not saying they are optimum, but they work for me.

If you need any more info, let me know.

73

Charlie DL3WDG

On Thu, 5 May 2022 at 08:04, Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...> wrote:
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I will appreciate if you share screenshots of the various settings.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...>

Thanks Charlie. I shall try your settings. Quisk is very easy to set up, due to the use of Hamlib but SDR Console and Thetis are not so easy.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Siegfried Jackstien

a few hints

set your digi modes to audio profile "other", switch off eq and any audio processing, switch off noise reduction on receive

so you can set up audio mode "normal" to a warmer ragchewing sound (for your local 80m net), use audio profile "dx" with a bit more punchy and crispy eq setting (to break the pile up for that rare dx station you are hunting for hours) and use "other" for digi modes (no eq used, no processing!!)

then switching between voice and digi is a bit easier ;-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 05.05.2022 um 17:42 schrieb Charles Suckling:

Hi Pierre

Please find attached pdf showing the settings I use to connect WSJT-X to SDR-Console.  Not saying they are optimum, but they work for me.

If you need any more info, let me know.

73

Charlie DL3WDG

On Thu, 5 May 2022 at 08:04, Pierre FK8IH <jb.gallauziaux@...> wrote:
Hi Charlie,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I will appreciate if you share screenshots of the various settings.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH

Charles Suckling

Hi Sigi

Thanks.  I hadn't seen the TX audio mode buttons before.

Just done a from-scratch installation of SDR-Console on a new (Win 10) PC to work with my Pluto and WSJT-X  and all is looking good.

73

Charlie

On Fri, 6 May 2022 at 12:30, Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

[...]

hi charlie

i use the pluto now for a few years on qo100 ... on voice and sometimes on digi (sstv, kgstv and sometimes testing freedv!!)

what i really like is ... you can set the normal and dx to mic in while setting other to the virtual cable ... and it remembers eq on or off on tx end

only thing to remember is to switch of noise reduction on digi (the modes button do remember the tx settings but not the rx settings) and switch it back on in voice

my setup here is a bit more complicated cause i additionally have a mixer software connected in between (voicemeeter potato) for mic audio preprocessing and for having a noise gate on the rx audio end (plus eq and filters etc etc) but the main switching between voice and digi is still done on the audio modes button

a friend uses the pluto on cw (on qo100) with sending a "700Hz Tone" via virtual cable from a keyer software (morsekeyer 4.3) and he has programmed also a narrow tx filter on one of the modes button for cw in ssb ... sadly sdr console still does not work well on cw tx with a pluto but his solution is a workaround (send cw in ssb mode)

hey simon ... what about making the buttons smaller and make 4 or 5 of them?!? (at best with user setable names?!?) or another row of 3??

those could be switched on and off (hidden) in the tx options (show 3 or 6 audio buttons) ... just thinking ;-)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 06.05.2022 um 13:21 schrieb Charles Suckling:

[...]

OK on your application for the Pluto. Here, I'm looking to simplify my EME system by using the Pluto as a 144MHz transceiver to replace existing hardware.  It is receiving the DL0SHF beacon nicely, and I hope to do some transmitting tests in a few days. Of particular interest is latency, especially when using the WSJT-X Echo mode, where timings are very important.  On receive, I have reduced latency by experimenting with the buffer size, and reduced it by about 400mS (significant compared to a 2500mS moon echo). This was on an older release of SDR-Console.  Will be testing the latest release this afternoon.

73

Charlie

On Fri, 6 May 2022 at 13:50, Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks to all, I stop trying to set up SDR Console with my other digital softwares like WSJT-X as I have a nicely totally working Quisk and I unistalled SDR Console V3 to prevent any interaction of one software in Hermes Lite 2 Eeprom settings preventing the other software to work. I had already found in Quisk set-up menus wrong settings I'm sure I had not entered, settings which prevented the network to work correctly.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH