How to Change Audio Default

Everett N4CY

I am not able to get audio in V3 with the default audio setting, however I am able to get audio by going down the list to:
However when I change bands it goes back to the Default. In my W10 audio settings the Digital Audio (S/PDIF) Family Controller is the default setting. So my question is how do I change the Default audio selection in SDRC V3?

Everett N4CY

Max

Firstly "Default" in SDRC always refers to the Windows default audio playback device, AFAIK at least.

When you say "change bands" how are you doing it?

If you are changing bands by recalling stored a Favourite (I think that's how most of us do it?), the audio selection is stored with the Favourite, so (easy option) recall the Band Favourite, change audio selection the re-save with the amended audio selection.

If you want to change every Favourite to the new Audio then this can be done by editing the Favourites by exporting the Favourites to an xml file and editing it in a text editor. See my post here:

https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/54167

73

Max

jdow

First approximation - your Windows default setting is borked.
Second approximation - SDRC does not do bands. It does favorites. Resave your favorites with the desired audio setup.

{^_^}

On 20220327 07:58:12, Everett N4CY via groups.io wrote:

I am not able to get audio in V3 with the default audio setting, however I am able to get audio by going down the list to:
However when I change bands it goes back to the Default. In my W10 audio settings the Digital Audio (S/PDIF) Family Controller is the default setting. So my question is how do I change the Default audio selection in SDRC V3?

Everett N4CY

Embeddedb6a3368fa24f493d96ab4882559a8e6b.png

jdow

Save a copy of the file before you edit it.

{o.o}

On 20220327 14:25:32, Max wrote:

Firstly "Default" in SDRC always refers to the Windows default audio playback device, AFAIK at least.

When you say "change bands" how are you doing it?

If you are changing bands by recalling stored a Favourite (I think that's how most of us do it?), the audio selection is stored with the Favourite, so (easy option) recall the Band Favourite, change audio selection the re-save with the amended audio selection.

If you want to change every Favourite to the new Audio then this can be done by editing the Favourites by exporting the Favourites to an xml file and editing it in a text editor. See my post here:

https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/54167

73

Max

Joe F. KC8RKL

Hi Everett-

Assuming fairly up-to-date Windows 10 (or 11) on your PC, you can specify the sound output for individual apps from within Windows:

It would probably be necessary to have SDRC running and producing audio before attempting setup per the above link.

73,
Joe F. KC8RKL

Max

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 01:12 AM, Joe F. KC8RKL wrote:
Assuming fairly up-to-date Windows 10 (or 11) on your PC, you can specify the sound output for individual apps from within Windows:
Joe, that Windows routing is primarily for apps that do not have "in-app" routing like SDRC, so the browser, media player etc etc. The setting there does not affect the internal sound routing setting within SDRC that Everett is talking about.

His issue is most likely (I think) to do with the stored output device in the Favourites he is using to recall the band changes. The only other place within SDRC where the audio output setting is stored is in individual receivers when running multiple software receivers i.e. within one instance of SDRC. For example, Memories do not store the audio output device, only Favourites. They store much else as well. That's whey they are so powerful:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/Favourites

Until Everett describes exactly how he is changing band then we don't know exactly what his issue is but AFAIK the audio routing within Windows is nothing to do with his particular issue.

73

Max