Hermes board from Apache Labs

sm6fhz

Hi.
I start a new thread as the former one has grown out of proportion.
Has anyone heard anything from them since placing the order?
I've not heard anything since the order confirmation.
Their WEB-page with the offer:
https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1022/Open-HPSDR-Hermes-14-bit-ADC-EP3C25-Transceiver-Card-Assembled--Tested.html
has not been updated either since February 11th. Still the same numbers of ordered units.
Are they OK or is there a risk of it being a scam?
It would have been nice if they gave some indication of the progress rather than compact silence.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Roy VE7DH

I would not worry about a scam. Apache Labs is a legitimate company.

I have heard from contacts in Australia that there will be a delay in shipping, caused no doubt by the worldwide semiconductor shortage. So, you and I will both have to wait a little longer for our new toy, hi.

regards, Roy

Simon Brown

Agreed,

Apache labs is not a scam operation.

I would not worry about a scam. Apache Labs is a legitimate company.

I have heard from contacts in Australia that there will be a delay in shipping, caused no doubt by the worldwide semiconductor shortage. So, you and I will both have to wait a little longer for our new toy, hi.

regards, Roy

Conrad, PA5Y

Hello Ingolf, you can be sure that this is not a scam, did you try emailing Apache for an update? If not, I will do so.

73

Conrad PA5Y

I start a new thread as the former one has grown out of proportion.
Has anyone heard anything from them since placing the order?
I've not heard anything since the order confirmation.
Their WEB-page with the offer:
https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1022/Open-HPSDR-Hermes-14-bit-ADC-EP3C25-Transceiver-Card-Assembled--Tested.html
has not been updated either since February 11th. Still the same numbers of ordered units.
Are they OK or is there a risk of it being a scam?
It would have been nice if they gave some indication of the progress rather than compact silence.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

sm6fhz

Hi Conrad.
No, I have not tried to get in touch with them.
If there are any known delays coming up, it would have been very handsome of them to update their WEB-page to keep their customers informed :-)
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Mag loop Simon

Apache labs are not a scam..well known good company..one ought to be careful in saying such things..re law suits etc..plus getting this forum in trouble..

And besides who would set up a scam for maybe 100 people or so…not worth the effort..

Maybe seller communication could be improved..message/ ring them??

Regards Simon g0zen

sm6fhz

Dear Mag loop Simon.
I am sorry, and I do not want to start an argument, but I have to dispute your insinuative statement. With all respect.
As far as I can understand there has not been anything but an question "is there a risk?"
I got an clear answer that there was no risk and I am fine with that.
I apologize if my question could be misinterpreted. English is not my mother tongue and I may have put it in a way that sounded rough in an native ear.
E.G. I would not have been able to detect if someone had set up a false WEB-page marketing these boards and just collecting the money.
I still think it would have been appropriate to keep the WEB-page more up to date about the progress.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

DH1KLM

I recommend to ask those kind of questions in the Apache Labs support forum. Abhi or others who are involved in Apache Labs will answer. If you have concerns, mail or give them a call.