Transmit AX.25

Douglas Pervine

I've been using SDR's for a couple years now, but I still consider myself a beginner.

I would like to use an SDR to transmit/receive AX.25.  Ideally, it would be great advantage to use Direwolf.  Is this possible?

if you can mary an sdr software together with a packet software via virtual audo cable then it is all you need

an sdr (hardware) like an rtl dngle .. or whatever

an sdr software (be it sdr console v3 ... or hdsdr .. or sdrsharp ... or...)

a packet software (be it direwolf or multipsk or ...)

virtual audio cable (to route the audio from sdr software to packet software)

hth

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 25.02.2022 um 23:41 schrieb Douglas Pervine:

I've been using SDR's for a couple years now, but I still consider myself a beginner.

I would like to use an SDR to transmit/receive AX.25.  Ideally, it would be great advantage to use Direwolf.  Is this possible?

Douglas Pervine

Easier said than done.

The problem is keying PTT.  SDR software doesn't have a way to PTT transmit on and off.
and/or
SDR devices (i.e. LimeSDR Mini / Adalm-Pluto) can't accept a PTT.

Transmit is a constant right now.  (VOX doesn't work at all.)

Simon Brown

VOX should work – add a screenshot of the whole console.

The problem is keying PTT.  SDR software doesn't have a way to PTT transmit on and off.
and/or
SDR devices (i.e. LimeSDR Mini / Adalm-Pluto) can't accept a PTT.

Transmit is a constant right now.  (VOX doesn't work at all.)

wrong ... for tx into console you can use a few ways

via virtual comport ... (depends what packet software you use)

or with using vox (that works for sure)

then sdr console will switch tx on (and also pluto or lime will go into tx mode)

tx from hardware sdr to pa?? pluto can have a ptt relais installed ... lime has gpo pins that support ptt out ... and sdr console can control usb relais ... so also a few options to solve ptt towards power amp (and a koax relais)

now where is the problem??

a few options for ptt in ... and ptt out

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 26.02.2022 um 21:55 schrieb Douglas Pervine:

Easier said than done.

The problem is keying PTT.  SDR software doesn't have a way to PTT transmit on and off.
and/or
SDR devices (i.e. LimeSDR Mini / Adalm-Pluto) can't accept a PTT.

Transmit is a constant right now.  (VOX doesn't work at all.)

Siegfried Jackstien

a hint ... use TWO virtual cards .. one for rx and one for tx (example vb cable a and b)

dg9bfc sigi