From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Graham Dillabough
Sent: 24 January 2018 08:35
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Audio Popping

Hello group,

I am playing with my Airspy and Spyverter, after a long hiatus.

I am experiencing a popping in the audio when I am receiving.  Seems to be worse when I am using 10 mhz bandwidth, but present even at narrower bandwidths.  I have found and been playing with the latency adjustment, and am still hearing popping at the maximum setting.  I have run a latency monitor on my system, and it suggests things should be ok.

I am seeing this effect in both V2 and V3.  I tried the Airspy with HDSDR, and everything seems to be as it should (no popping).  Also, I don't remember this problem when I had Windows 7 installed (yes, it has been a long hiatus), but I could be mistaken on that.

The computer is a Lenovo T420.  I5, 6 GB, so I think it should be able to handle the Airspy hardware.  (And, I think it did with Win7, but I could be mistaken)

Can anyone out there in the group suggest a way to resolve this issue?  Have I missed something?

Regards from Kuwait

Graham, 9k2/vo1dza

Graham Dillabough

Hi Simon,

Sorry I didn't include a screen shot with my previous post.  I was at work.

See attached.
Thanks

73
Graham

Michael Francis

Graham,
I didn't notice if you said you heard the popping over an actual receiver as well, but your description and screen shot look and sound exactly like what I experienced when my neighbor about three houses down put in an electric fence.  Don't know if that helps at all but wanted to mention it.
Good luck!
Lynn
KW4WL

Simon Brown

Graham,

Thanks – I’ll answer a bit later today.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

Sorry I didn't include a screen shot with my previous post.  I was at work.

See attached.
Thanks

73
Graham

Graham Dillabough

Hi Simon,  Any thoughts on my popping question?  Or do you think it is associated with the Windows version issue you mention on your help page.  If it is that, I'll  just patiently wait.  Thanks, Graham

Simon Brown

Sorry,

Not yet – been busy. Your CPU does seem high.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com