S Meter #sdr-consolev3

milairuk

Apologies if this is a dum question - On my SDRC I only have two options for an S Meter in analog mode: Default (dBm) and SNR. A recent unrelated post by Allan G3PIY shows his console displaying S units which as old timer I much prefer.
How can I get this one ? Using V3.1 build 2431 on W10.

Thanks

John G3VUO

jdow

View ribbon->Signal Meter Click on what you want.
{^_^}

On 20211206 00:41:41, milairuk via groups.io wrote:
Apologies if this is a dum question - On my SDRC I only have two options for an S Meter in analog mode: Default (dBm) and SNR. A recent unrelated post by Allan G3PIY shows his console displaying S units which as old timer I much prefer.
How can I get this one ? Using V3.1 build 2431 on W10.

Thanks

John G3VUO

Max

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 09:16 AM, jdow wrote:
View ribbon->Signal Meter Click on what you want.
Just by way of illustrating Joanne's response.

73

Max

jdow

Oops - I did get the wrong menu. All the menus are worth exploring.

{^_-}

On 20211206 01:58:42, Max wrote:
On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 09:16 AM, jdow wrote:
View ribbon->Signal Meter Click on what you want.
Just by way of illustrating Joanne's response.

73

Max

Simon Brown

They are, there’s a lot of goodness hidden in the ribbon bar…

Oops - I did get the wrong menu. All the menus are worth exploring.

{^_-}

On 20211206 01:58:42, Max wrote:

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 09:16 AM, jdow wrote:

View ribbon->Signal Meter Click on what you want.

Just by way of illustrating Joanne's response.

73

Max

David J Taylor

On 06/12/2021 12:56, Simon Brown wrote:
They are, there’s a lot of goodness hidden in the ribbon bar…
Simon Brown, G4ELI
https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>
But too much hiding can make for more customer support effort (and time lost). E.g. trying to edit a .CMD file under WIndows-11.

David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Simon Brown

?

Just use Notepad.

They are, there’s a lot of goodness hidden in the ribbon bar…

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>
But too much hiding can make for more customer support effort (and time lost).
E.g. trying to edit a .CMD file under WIndows-11.

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

David J Taylor

On 06/12/2021 17:22, Simon Brown wrote:
?

Just use Notepad.

In Win-11:

- right-click the file
- no edit menu option
- move to More
- nothing happens, unlike other cascading menus
- click on More
- see an edit option

Painful compared to Win-10!

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

jdow

That it why I periodically lobby for multiple means of controlling features. One I figure is too often neglected is the infamous right click context menu.

{^_-}

On 20211206 08:30:28, David J Taylor via groups.io wrote:
On 06/12/2021 12:56, Simon Brown wrote:
They are, there’s a lot of goodness hidden in the ribbon bar…

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>

But too much hiding can make for more customer support effort (and time lost).  E.g. trying to edit a .CMD file under WIndows-11.

David GM8ARV

Simon Brown

  • Right click
  • Show More options
  • Edit
  • Opens with Notepad.

- nothing happens, unlike other cascading menus

- click on More

- see an edit option

Painful compared to Win-10!

73,

David GM8ARV

milairuk

Thanks all who replied, didn't realise it was in the "Scale" drop-down, I had just gone to the "Signal Meter" drop-down.

73 John

David J Taylor

On 07/12/2021 07:08, Simon Brown wrote:
* Right click
* Show More options
* Edit
* Opens with Notepad.

Win-10:

- right-click
- edit

In Win-11, the show more options is required, and also requires an extra click
to open the contents of the show more menu.

Of course, there are occasions when a menu can have too many options, but in
this case the new menu is a wretched nuisance!

I also turn off the ribbon bar, as (to me) it's just an unnecessary complication!

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...