Simon's World Map

Simon Brown

Simon's World Map updated with support for Hy-Gain DCU-1 protocol, thanks to Howard VE2AED for testing.

https://www.dit-dit-dit.com/world-map

Max Mucci, N5NHJ

Hello Simon,

Looks like the Virtual Serial ports created by VSPE are not recognized in the rotator configuration panel.

73 de Max, N5NHJ

Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 6:27:02 AM, you wrote:

Simon's World Map updated with support for Hy-Gain DCU-1 protocol, thanks to Howard VE2AED for testing.

https://www.dit-dit-dit.com/world-map

Frank

I also confirm that it does not see the virtual COM ports created by VSPE as seen in the image.

===> PROSISTEL D on Simon's World Map compatibility soon?

---cut---
Commands format 9600,n,8,1
<header> (Chr(2), binary 00000010); it resets the controller command buffer pointer
<identifier> (rotator identifier: ‘A’ for azimuth, ‘E’ for elevation)
<cmd> (see list below)
<return> (Chr(13), binary 00001101)

Example I use in my home software in VBnet to make it run:
Chr(2) & "AG" & "018" & Chr(13)  ' to run at 18 g

very simple

AG<ANGLE> ... as rotor cmd (values from 0 to 359)
---cut---

73
Franco

Am a bit busy for the next few days, replacing the XML library in Console (MSXML6) with pugixml, will sort out this rotator issue when I’ve finished.

I also confirm that it does not see the virtual COM ports created by VSPE as seen in the image.

===> PROSISTEL D on Simon's World Map compatibility soon?

---cut---

Commands format 9600,n,8,1

<header> (Chr(2), binary 00000010); it resets the controller command buffer pointer

<identifier> (rotator identifier: ‘A’ for azimuth, ‘E’ for elevation)

<cmd> (see list below)

<return> (Chr(13), binary 00001101)

Example I use in my home software in VBnet to make it run:
Chr(2) & "AG" & "018" & Chr(13)  ' to run at 18 g

very simple

AG<ANGLE> ... as rotor cmd (values from 0 to 359)
---cut---

73
Franco

Frank

HI

if... wishing to insert all rotors in a standard mode, which is only turn 360 degrees stop NORTH or SOUTH and 0/90 degrees for the elevation, you could only take advantage of HamLib which contains almost all of them in its lib.

I don't know the HamLib commands for interacting with software but I think there is an easy wiki as many use it.

---cut---
Supported Rotators - Hamlib/Hamlib Wiki
Supported Rotators Currently supported:

Easycomm I and II protocols
Fodtrack, a parallel port interface designed by XQ2FOD, which handles up to 2 rotators. It has been reported to work correctly with ktrack (see the applications page).
SARtek
Rotor-EZ, RotorCard, DCU-1/DCU-1X, DF9GR's ERC
GS-232A, GS-232B, GS-232 (not A or B), and F1TE Tracker
PcRotor
HD 1780 Intellirotor
SPID
EA4TX's ARS RCI classic and SE, with or without Elevation unit
M2/Orion RC2800
ts7400 by LA7LKA
Celestron NexStar, e.g. Orion TeleTrack AZ-G GoTo Telescope Mount
AMSAT IF-100
SkyWatcher AllView using Celestron NexStar backend
Ether6
CNCTRK
Prosistel D Azimuth, D Elevation, Combi-Track (Az+El)
Meade LX200/Autostar
iOptron
SatEL
Radant
---cut---

I really just added the rotator support for myself, will add Green Heron sometime but that’s all.

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

https://www.sdr-radio.com