Need Help: TS-590SG to SDRPlay RSP2 to SDR Console 3.1 #sdr-consolev3

joe_word

Dennis,

Thanks for your help, I have it up and running. Now if I can figure out how to keep my frequency in the center of the panadapter (so I can see up and down the band) and change the Tuning Steps in SDR Console I will have it all setup.

And thanks for the others that responded.

Joe  N9VX

Dennis Matzen

Joe, have you followed the steps on the website to get the external radio option setup? Here is the link, https://www.sdr-radio.com/external-radio.

You did enable the external radio option as shown in the website?

How about some screen captures?

--
Dennis
KA6FUB

joe_word

I can not get the External Radio panel to come up, it just keeps coming back to the Restart panel.

Joe  N9VX

Dennis Matzen

Joe, I am using the External Radio feature with my TS-590. The setup should be the same for your TS-590SG I believe.

I think you have installed Omni-Rig already, if not you need to do so.

Then just enable the External Radio feature (which will require a restart of Console). Next click on The "?" on the External Radio window to set it up. Below is a video I made showing how to get to the setup options.

Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/zWxvfy47nTg

--
Dennis
KA6FUB

Mag loop Simon

Hello

I use omirig and sdrc..works a treat..

As far as i know sdrc will NOT control your rig, thats what omirig is for. ( unless Simon has built in his own version in the last build or two.)

Simon ( other Simon.)

joe_word

Update... I am now using the serial port out of the TS-590SG instead of the USB port and the results are the same (SDR Console does not read radio frequency, but does receive by tuning SCR Console).

Joe  N9VX

TOM - K2TC

I’m using SDR Console v3 with OmniRig on my FTDX-101D to allow me point and click freq changes, mouse scroll and the much nicer spectrum/waterfall/pana display from my Hermes Lite 2fed from the RX out port on the FTDX-101D

I start the PC

Start OmniRig with the FTDX-101D profile

Start SDR Consolve V3

Start the Main Profile I call FTDX-101D

Select/Start the HL2 at 384khz

Click the Start button for the External Radio. (this sync the 2 radios)

Takes all of 3 seconds to do this….

There are some features that of course do not work, or are not in sync, but for the awesome UI that SDRCv3 has – it’s a great place to start!

Not sure if the IF is a better place to grab this from, or if there is more functionality going a different route – please let me know!!

Not sure if there is a better way to get to the spectrum or IQ data in the FTDX-101D directly, that would be awesome if it added more features like bandwidth control….

Interesting – I find the 101D and HL2 to be very close and consistent in initial setup from a db / s-signal perspective with out changing the rx gain in the HL2 to match the 101D.

Fun bouncing between the 101D and the SDRCv3/PC to hear audio quality, yes there is a bit of delay, but I usually listen to one or the other.

I will say the HL2 is as sensitive – but no where near as selective as the 101D is, and it isn’t ment to be or expected.

Would love a feature to completely turn off the TX PO on the HL2 in this mode – you’d not want to TX in to the RX port….

Tom, K2TC