HackRF as Transmitter and Pluto as receiver?

dietrich@...

For stability reasond I'd like to run like this. But how?

Siegfried Jackstien

use the pluto for rx and tx

either install a better tcxo inside or use external reference

dg9bfc sigi

Am 13.08.2021 um 19:41 schrieb dietrich@...:

dietrich@...

Same when I want to use 2 HackRFs

dietrich@...

Out of stock... The TCXOs are  not easy to get. Hackrf ist very stabile...

jdow

At present you need to make two instances of SDR Console cooperate with each other. I believe this has been done serial interface.

A few minutes of thought suggest it is technically possible to crank the design of something like SDRConsole around to allow different RX and TX conversion stages (front end/back end respectively.) I am not sure that it is technically feasible without a design contemplating this from the very beginning. It breaks just a whole LOT of normal starting conditions for the design of an existing tool.

I'm afraid you are stuck with the hard way in the first paragraph above.
{^_^}

On 20210813 10:41:21, dietrich@... wrote:

jdow

Still, I am afraid Simon will follow thinking a little like mine. While a tool like SDRC can be designed from the bottom up without presumptions of "same clock" and the like, changing an existing design is probably not in the cards.

{^_^}

On 20210813 11:49:33, dietrich@... wrote:
Out of stock... The TCXOs are  not easy to get. Hackrf ist very stabile...

Siegfried Jackstien

yes maybe youz could start sdrc 2 times and marriage them via virtual comporst and commander

but in my view its much easier to just use the pluto alone

dg9bfc sigi

Am 13.08.2021 um 21:24 schrieb jdow:

At present you need to make two instances of SDR Console cooperate with each other. I believe this has been done serial interface.

A few minutes of thought suggest it is technically possible to crank the design of something like SDRConsole around to allow different RX and TX conversion stages (front end/back end respectively.) I am not sure that it is technically feasible without a design contemplating this from the very beginning. It breaks just a whole LOT of normal starting conditions for the design of an existing tool.

{^_^}

Simon Brown

Indeed,

Pluto alone is the way to go. I’ll be 64 soon, no more mayor software headaches please – brain can’t handle it 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Siegfried Jackstien
Sent: 13 August 2021 21:54
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] HackRF as Transmitter and Pluto as receiver?

yes maybe youz could start sdrc 2 times and marriage them via virtual comporst and commander

dg9bfc sigi

{^_^}

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Siegfried Jackstien

i have an easy thing for you :-)

you can "delete" tx voice keyer from your todo list https://www.sdr-radio.com/Future ... cause we now have one (that works quite well!!)

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 14.08.2021 um 07:22 schrieb Simon Brown:

Indeed,

Pluto alone is the way to go. I’ll be 64 soon, no more mayor software headaches please – brain can’t handle it 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Siegfried Jackstien
Sent: 13 August 2021 21:54
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] HackRF as Transmitter and Pluto as receiver?

dg9bfc sigi

{^_^}

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.