HackRF as Transmitter and Pluto as receiver?

dietrich@...

For stability reasond I'd like to run like this. But how?

Siegfried Jackstien

use the pluto for rx and tx

either install a better tcxo inside or use external reference

dg9bfc sigi

Am 13.08.2021 um 19:41 schrieb dietrich@...:

For stability reasond I'd like to run like this. But how?

dietrich@...

Same when I want to use 2 HackRFs

dietrich@...

Out of stock... The TCXOs are  not easy to get. Hackrf ist very stabile...

jdow

At present you need to make two instances of SDR Console cooperate with each other. I believe this has been done serial interface.

A few minutes of thought suggest it is technically possible to crank the design of something like SDRConsole around to allow different RX and TX conversion stages (front end/back end respectively.) I am not sure that it is technically feasible without a design contemplating this from the very beginning. It breaks just a whole LOT of normal starting conditions for the design of an existing tool.

I'm afraid you are stuck with the hard way in the first paragraph above.
{^_^}

On 20210813 10:41:21, dietrich@... wrote:
For stability reasond I'd like to run like this. But how?

jdow

Still, I am afraid Simon will follow thinking a little like mine. While a tool like SDRC can be designed from the bottom up without presumptions of "same clock" and the like, changing an existing design is probably not in the cards.

{^_^}

On 20210813 11:49:33, dietrich@... wrote:
Out of stock... The TCXOs are  not easy to get. Hackrf ist very stabile...

Siegfried Jackstien

yes maybe youz could start sdrc 2 times and marriage them via virtual comporst and commander

but in my view its much easier to just use the pluto alone

dg9bfc sigi

Am 13.08.2021 um 21:24 schrieb jdow:

At present you need to make two instances of SDR Console cooperate with each other. I believe this has been done serial interface.

A few minutes of thought suggest it is technically possible to crank the design of something like SDRConsole around to allow different RX and TX conversion stages (front end/back end respectively.) I am not sure that it is technically feasible without a design contemplating this from the very beginning. It breaks just a whole LOT of normal starting conditions for the design of an existing tool.

I'm afraid you are stuck with the hard way in the first paragraph above.
{^_^}

On 20210813 10:41:21, dietrich@... wrote:
For stability reasond I'd like to run like this. But how?

Simon Brown

Indeed,

Pluto alone is the way to go. I’ll be 64 soon, no more mayor software headaches please – brain can’t handle it 😊 .

[...]

i have an easy thing for you :-)

you can "delete" tx voice keyer from your todo list https://www.sdr-radio.com/Future ... cause we now have one (that works quite well!!)

greetz sigi dg9bfc