Cannot view attachments?

Max

I sometimes do not see attachments sent by other members in their messages (viewing in the web app - I don't subscribe to email delivery).

So for example, in the recent post by George NJ3H, in his first message he says "see attached picture" but for me (on the web viewer) there is no picture or attachment:
https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/63732

Any ideas why this may be? Others are commenting so they can presumably see it!

I checked my subscription settings but I don't see anything obvious.

Thanks for looking

Max

Allan Isaacs

I can see that picture Max but I have noticed problems on other occasions.

Instead of just left clicking on the attachment try a right click and Save (to Desktop say)

Sometimes a “jpeg marker” is said to be missing so try opening the picture with another viewer.

There are also built-in security measures within web viewers to prevent you opening attachments so try a different program, Firefox or w,h.y.

Allan G3PIY

I sometimes do not see attachments sent by other members in their messages (viewing in the web app - I don't subscribe to email delivery).

So for example, in the recent post by George NJ3H, in his first message he says "see attached picture" but for me (on the web viewer) there is no picture or attachment:
https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/63732

Any ideas why this may be? Others are commenting so they can presumably see it!

I checked my subscription settings but I don't see anything obvious.

Thanks for looking

Max

_._,_._,_

Max

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 09:47 AM, Allan Isaacs wrote:

There are also built-in security measures within web viewers to prevent you opening attachments so try a different program, Firefox or w,h.y.

Allan G3PIY

Hi Allan

Thanks for response. Tried two other browsers same thing. It's weird because viewing the message in the list of messages it has a paperclip next to the thread title (see picture below), but in the message itself absolutely nothing, no placeholder, paperclip, link. Nothing. (see pic again) I think it must be something to do with how my subscription is set up but not sure what!

I'm sure I've seen loads of attachments in the past with no issues, and I didn't change anything, so not sure what's going on.

73

Max

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

I saw no attachments either on the same post.🤷‍♂️

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Barry Jablonski

Hi Max,

I have the same problem in not being able to view the attached picture in message/63732. I normally use Firefox as my browser. I also
tried Chrome and Edge -- same issue -- no attachment. I don't know what the issue is.

Barry
WB2ZXJ

Allan Isaacs

I do notice the attachment has .jpeg rather than .jpg
Could it be that the .jpeg isn't linked to a program on your computer?
I've re-attached it above as a .jpg
Allan G3PIY

I have the same problem in not being able to view the attached picture in
message/63732. I normally use Firefox as my browser. I also
tried Chrome and Edge -- same issue -- no attachment. I don't know what the
issue is.

Barry
WB2ZXJ

Barry Jablonski

Hi Allan,

Your attachment comes through just fine. There was simply no attached file in message/63732. Also, .jpeg would be fine.

Barry
WB2ZXJ

Mark Cayton

Same here, I don't see any attached file in message 63732, running latest Windows 10, latest Chrome browser.

Mark

Max

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 08:58 AM, Allan Isaacs wrote:
I do notice the attachment has .jpeg rather than .jpg
Could it be that the .jpeg isn't linked to a program on your computer?
I've re-attached it above as a .jpg
Hi Allan

I see your picture attachment perfectly fine. I'd be surprised if it's the file extension but it's not impossible.

Just for info I've got both file extensions in my extensions list in Windows 10, and both defaulted to same app (MS Photos) so I don't think it's a Windoze thing

I even tried increasing attachment size limit form 500kb to 5mb in IO Groups (even though as far as I know that's only related to email download) but made no odds, still can't see it. Looks like an IO Groups oddity of some sort. Weird the way it affects some not others.

My browser is Chrome, Windows 10, but I've logged in using Edge and Firefox and still same result, nothing visible on the original post but fine on yours.

Max