#rsp1a remotely on SDR Console and Raspberry #rsp1a

Jakub SQ8J

Gentlemen,

I'm trying to run RSP1A as a remote receiver that I want to operate using SDR Console, I used this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbOFftyEww&t=949s) but unfortunately my RSP1A is not detected by Virtual Here Client ... do you have any idea what the problem could be? I'm doing everything as described step by step but I don't want to work ... or maybe someone knows some other way how to connect RSP1A with SDR Console as a remote receiver ..... ??? thank you for all the suggestions ...

73, Jakub SQ8J

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Not sure what happened to my reply from last night, but will attempt to repeat it.
SDRC, when installed, also installs a server application. So no need of Teamviewer, Anydesk, etc!
One needs a fixed IP on the host computer (one attached to the SDR(s)) and if you plan on accessing it from outside your LAN, a free DNS service to resolve your IP if it changes like mine does once a month.
You can set it up for private use only, or have it available for anyone via the web.

Here's my thread on setting up SDRC to be a server:
https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/51472

How to operate SDRC using remote servers:
https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/51635

I operate five servers with 13 SDR's all open to the public. Servers on decent antennas in a QRM free environment are difficult to find, and I strive to keep them operational 24/7. Look for KA1GJU Super Stations on the remote server list.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

OOPS!
Looking back on my post, I see you are using a Raspberry Pi. SDRC doesn't play with Rasbian as far as I know. So find an old W7 or higher laptop/netbook and use it for a remote server, such as mine are all older netbooks.
Doesn't require much computing power for server use, and a laptop has a battery that will let the server continue to operate during brief power outages.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Simon Brown

Kriss ,

That’s correct. There’s a new-ish Pi-based server for the RSP1A, maybe other SDRplays but I don’t support it yet. I don’t know how stable the whole concept is, also I don’t own a Pi!