Digital Anyone?

Simon Brown

Maybe available in June/July 2021.

Winston

All in one would be fantastic.

C. van Ravenswaaij

Hi Simon,

Looks very nice. Do you also have plans to expand the amount of modes?
May I suggest:

FT8
SITOR-A
SITOR-B
ACARS
ARINC 635 (HFDL)
ALE
FAX

Not all at once of course ;-)

73, Cornel

Op 3-3-2021 om 18:56 schreef Simon Brown:

Maybe available in June/July 2021.

Initial modes are: RTTY, Wefax, SITOR-B/Navtex.

Adding more will be easy.

Looks very nice. Do you also have plans to expand the amount of modes?
May I suggest:

FT8
SITOR-A
SITOR-B
ACARS
ARINC 635 (HFDL)
ALE
FAX

Not all at once of course ;-)

73, Cornel

Op 3-3-2021 om 18:56 schreef Simon Brown:

Maybe available in June/July 2021.

David J Taylor

On 04/03/2021 10:09, Simon Brown wrote:
Hi,
Initial modes are: RTTY, Wefax, SITOR-B/Navtex.
Adding more will be easy.
Simon Brown, G4ELI
https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>
Perhaps the various digital voice modes too? Plug-ins?

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

bob550

Awesome!

They are all plugins (DLLs) with the same functions.

Initial modes are: RTTY, Wefax, SITOR-B/Navtex.

Adding more will be easy.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>
Perhaps the various digital voice modes too? Plug-ins?

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Matthias Bopp

Hi

Good idea.

Maybe also an interface to the hsmodem from AMSAT-DL.

Presently we are using a VAC interface which Is not optimum, an UDP interface would be preferred.

Kind regards

Matthias

www.dd1us.de

Initial modes are: RTTY, Wefax, SITOR-B/Navtex.

Adding more will be easy.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>
Perhaps the various digital voice modes too? Plug-ins?

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Simon Brown

Or,

Write the modem as a DLL so it can be integrated with other programs? I had thought about writing something like this but didn't have time.

Initial modes are: RTTY, Wefax, SITOR-B/Navtex.

Adding more will be easy.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>
Perhaps the various digital voice modes too? Plug-ins?

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Matthias Bopp

Hi Simon,

As the Modem and the GUI are already separated we will check whether we can accomodate your request.

Regards

Matthias

Von: Simon Brown <simon@...>
Datum: 04.03.21 13:30 (GMT+01:00)
An: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io

Or,

Write the modem as a DLL so it can be integrated with other programs? I had thought about writing something like this but didn't have time.

> Initial modes are: RTTY, Wefax, SITOR-B/Navtex.
>
> Adding more will be easy.
>
> Simon Brown, G4ELI
>
> https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>

Perhaps the various digital voice modes too?  Plug-ins?

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Not really a request, but if the modem is DLL-based then adding it is an option. Is it on github?

SDR Digital isn’t really targeting voice but there’s no reason why it can’t be added.

Von: Simon Brown <simon@...>

Datum: 04.03.21 13:30 (GMT+01:00)

Or,

Write the modem as a DLL so it can be integrated with other programs? I had thought about writing something like this but didn't have time.

> Initial modes are: RTTY, Wefax, SITOR-B/Navtex.
>
> Adding more will be easy.
>
> Simon Brown, G4ELI
>
> https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>

Perhaps the various digital voice modes too?  Plug-ins?

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Matthias Bopp

Hi Simon,

Yes, you can find it here:

https://github.com/amsat-dl/QO-100-modem

Here is the documentation/inline manual:

https://hsmodem.dj0abr.de/doku.php?id=de:start

HSmodem is supporting also picture transmission, html files, binaries, etc.

Kind regards

Matthias

www.dd1us.de

Von: Simon Brown <simon@...>

Datum: 04.03.21 13:30 (GMT+01:00)

Or,

Write the modem as a DLL so it can be integrated with other programs? I had thought about writing something like this but didn't have time.

> Initial modes are: RTTY, Wefax, SITOR-B/Navtex.
>
> Adding more will be easy.
>
> Simon Brown, G4ELI
>
> https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>

Perhaps the various digital voice modes too?  Plug-ins?

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Zacharias Liangas

Edited

Just my opinion
Stanag seems the most popular mode in the nonamateur HF band while WRMI uses a mfsk mode
I really wonder if they  can be used later...

la6lu@online.no

Don't forget ALE ;-)

[Edited Message Follows]

--
Best regards
Geir, LA6LU
From: Geir Laastad, LA6LU
Location: Svelvik, Norway / Telemark, Norway / Cha-Am, Thailand
Locator: JO59eq / JO48gx / NK92xt
KiwiSDR: https://www.la6lu.no/kiwisdr.html
R/TX hardware: Icom IC-R9500, IC-R8600, 6 x Icom IC-R75, JRC NRD-545, Perseus, Elad FDM-DUOr, 2 x CommRadio CR1a,
Reuter RDR51 Pocket, Yaesu FTdx3000, Icom IC-703+, FunCube Pro2+,
AOR AR-DV1, Icom IC-R30, Uniden: SDS-200, 2 x BCD536HP, BCD996P2, 2 x UBC800XLT, UBCD9000XLT, BC560XLT
Heros VLF/LF Converter, WMR CLRdsp, WMR CLRspkr,Timewave DSP-599zx
PA0RDT 12 & 6 Hz single and cascaded audio filter
Receiver software: PC-ALE, MultiPSK, Sorcerer, RS-R8600, CS-R8600, NRD-545 CAT, SDR Console, Perseus v.5, Argo, WWSU
RX Aerials: NTI GigActiv GA3005 Ultra Wideband (9 kHz - 3 GHz) active antenna (for the IC-R8600 only) @ 10m AGL
            NTI MegActiv MA305FT Wideband (9 kHz - 300 MHz) active antenna @ 6.5m AGL
            NTI MegaDipole MD300DX Wideband (9 kHz - 300 MHz) active dipole @ 6.5m AGL
            5 x PA0RDT Mini-Whips @ 6.5m AGL + 2 x PA0RDT 4 port splitters & pwr unit
            78m Windom @ 21m AGL, 3 x Diamond X700HNA @ 10m AGL

vincent

I second ALE

Simon Brown

This is mainly read-only. For every ham who transmits there are at least 10 listeners.