From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Everett N4CY via groups.io
Sent: 16 January 2021 18:22
To: SDR-Radio <SDR-Radio@groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Graphic Card

I have a large size HP 8200 Elite with a Intel i7, 32 GB of RAM, SSD and a GeForce 710 graphic card. It has a lot of card slots and I have added an additional sound card, 2 additional Ethernet cards and one USB3 card.

I added the additional sound card because I run digital FT8 and want to be able to listen to music at the same time, or SDR at the same time as my digital communications. The added Ethernet cards are so I can be connected to the internet and run my CloudSDRs too. My monitor is a 34” wide screen. I am not a gamer and don’t play to be.

All of this runs okay with my current setup. However, my question is I am considering replacing the current graphic card with a GeForce 1050ti (the power supply is large enough). Will I see any improvement in the overall performance of my computer if I. Are the change?

Everett N4CY

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Bob Dengler

At 1/16/2021 10:22 AM, you wrote:
I have a large size HP 8200 Elite with a Intel i7, 32 GB of RAM, SSD and a GeForce 710 graphic card. It has a lot of card slots and I have added an additional sound card, 2 additional Ethernet cards and one USB3 card.

I added the additional sound card because I run digital FT8 and want to be able to listen to music at the same time, or SDR at the same time as my digital communications. The added Ethernet cards are so I can be connected to the internet and run my CloudSDRs too. My monitor is a 34� wide screen. I am not a gamer and don’t play to be.

All of this runs okay with my current setup. However, my question is I am considering replacing the current graphic card with a GeForce 1050ti (the power supply is large enough). Will I see any improvement in the overall performance of my computer if I. Are the change?
My system is an i7 4770 w/integrated graphics. I added a GeForce 1650 (the one Simon recommends) & it made a big difference, both with SDRC & driving a 4K/1680x1050 dual monitor setup.

Bob NO6B

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Everett,
I went for the GTX 1650. Made a world of difference to me. If you have the budget, I would say this would be a much better choice.
Stay well.
Tom G6PZZ

I have a large size HP 8200 Elite with a Intel i7, 32 GB of RAM, SSD and a GeForce 710 graphic card. It has a lot of card slots and I have added an additional sound card, 2 additional Ethernet cards and one USB3 card.

I added the additional sound card because I run digital FT8 and want to be able to listen to music at the same time, or SDR at the same time as my digital communications. The added Ethernet cards are so I can be connected to the internet and run my CloudSDRs too. My monitor is a 34” wide screen. I am not a gamer and don’t play to be.

All of this runs okay with my current setup. However, my question is I am considering replacing the current graphic card with a GeForce 1050ti (the power supply is large enough). Will I see any improvement in the overall performance of my computer if I. Are the change?

Everett N4CY

Jim Smith G0OFE

Do you mean the 1650, or the 1650 Super? These are two different cards, the latter is much better.. I'm sure Simon can confirm?

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 17/01/2021 09:44, Tom Crosbie G6PZZ wrote:
[...]

OOPS! Thanks Jim.

I meant the Super version

My meds haven’t kicked in yet…

Tom G6PZZ

I have a large size HP 8200 Elite with a Intel i7, 32 GB of RAM, SSD and a GeForce 710 graphic card. It has a lot of card slots and I have added an additional sound card, 2 additional Ethernet cards and one USB3 card.

I added the additional sound card because I run digital FT8 and want to be able to listen to music at the same time, or SDR at the same time as my digital communications. The added Ethernet cards are so I can be connected to the internet and run my CloudSDRs too. My monitor is a 34” wide screen. I am not a gamer and don’t play to be.

All of this runs okay with my current setup. However, my question is I am considering replacing the current graphic card with a GeForce 1050ti (the power supply is large enough). Will I see any improvement in the overall performance of my computer if I. Are the change?

Everett N4CY

Tracey Gardner

Am I correct in thinking that the GTX 1650 Super only has three display outputs and that these are DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.0b, DL-DVI-D?
What do you do if you want to run more than three monitors?

Thanks

Tracey G5VU

[...]

I'm not an expert, but I think I read somewhere that you can daisy-chain displayport monitors to run more than one from the same port?

================================

On 17/01/2021 12:09, Tracey Gardner via groups.io wrote:
[...]

I believe Jim is right Tracey. When choosing components for my latest PC build, I bought a motherboard with two graphics slots. Just in case…

Tom G6PZZ

I have a large size HP 8200 Elite with a Intel i7, 32 GB of RAM, SSD and a GeForce 710 graphic card. It has a lot of card slots and I have added an additional sound card, 2 additional Ethernet cards and one USB3 card.

I added the additional sound card because I run digital FT8 and want to be able to listen to music at the same time, or SDR at the same time as my digital communications. The added Ethernet cards are so I can be connected to the internet and run my CloudSDRs too. My monitor is a 34” wide screen. I am not a gamer and don’t play to be.

All of this runs okay with my current setup. However, my question is I am considering replacing the current graphic card with a GeForce 1050ti (the power supply is large enough). Will I see any improvement in the overall performance of my computer if I. Are the change?

Everett N4CY

Allan Isaacs

With modern graphics cards with say VGA + HDMI and the latest DVI socket you can run 3 monitors displaying different pictures.

Years ago you needed one card per monitor unless the card was described for dual monitors and usually having twin VGA sockets..

Allan G3PIY