Icom IC-R8600 firmware update for IQ output, HDSDR support DLL

David J Taylor

A nice Christmas present from ICOM - Icom IC-R8600 firmware update for IQ output, HDSDR support DLL

Manual:
http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/IC-R8600_ENG_ExtIO_Inst_0.pdf

ExtIO.dll driver:
https://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/firm/IC-R8600/dll1_00/

Firmware update:
https://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/firm/IC-R8600/1_30/

The firmware may be slightly different for USA models.

Yes, I know it's not a celebrated holiday in Japan.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Simon Brown

Hi David,

I saw this in the Facebook group. If you ever find the I/Q message format
please let me know.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

[...]

================================

Simon,

It goes to an ExtIO interface - can you use that?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Simon Brown

David,

No. I need the documentation 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

I saw this in the Facebook group. If you ever find the I/Q message format please let me know.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
================================

Simon,

It goes to an ExtIO interface - can you use that?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

David J Taylor

David,

No. I need the documentation 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
=====================================

Unfortunately no documentation came with it. There are programs which monitor serial and IP communications, perhaps there's something for USB? Don't you support ExtIO?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Simon Brown

David,

As per the original request - if you find documentation for the I/Q message format please let me know. Until then...

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of David J Taylor via Groups.Io

Unfortunately no documentation came with it.  There are programs which monitor serial and IP communications, perhaps there's something for USB?
Don't you support ExtIO?

73,
David GM8ARV

Mark Jessop

Have shot an e-mail to Icom sales about this, asking to have it forwarded onto engineering (who I have had some responses from with regards to other IC-7610 issues).
I'm not holding my breath on this one. Icom don't seem to be particularly forthcoming with decent specifications for this kind of stuff.

- Mark VK5QI

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of David J Taylor via Groups.Io

Unfortunately no documentation came with it.  There are programs which monitor serial and IP communications, perhaps there's something for USB?
Don't you support ExtIO?

73,
David GM8ARV

Mark Jessop

I somehow suspect the IC-R8600 is not appearing as a USB audio device - not with the very high sample rates (5.12 MHz) it's providing.
There's also radio control on the same interface, so my money is on something very custom.

When they release the firmware for the IC-7610 I'll be able to tell you ;-)

- Mark VK5QI

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 9:49 PM, Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

[...]

======================================

It offers both 16-bit and 24-bit samples too, except on the highest sampling rate. Lowest sampling rate is 30 kHz. On the HDSDR you set the actual frequency to be received (e.g. 92.1 MHz BBC Radio 3), and use the EXT IO to set sample rate and bit depth. Yes, it's obviously control output as well as block input, but so is there on the RTL device. Doesn't seem all that stable yet, as changing the frequency or the bandwidth can crash HDSDR.

With the ExtIO it should support other SDR software too.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Simon Brown

Mark,

The CI-V info is very complete, I hope it’s just a question of time. If they do release this info then a 7610 may appear in the ‘eLI pigsty 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com
www.sdr-radio.com
www.sdr-satellites.com