Audio Mute Button Not Fully Muting

Duane K4BBN

When muting the soundcard via the receive DSP panel, I can still hear signals (albeit high pitched) and I can't figure out
what setting I might have adjusted that is causing this, as it has never been a problem before.

Hope I explained it well enough.

Thanks.

Duane

jdow

Multiple receivers open and one of them not muted or squelched?
{^_^}

On 20200925 13:56:12, Duane K4BBN wrote:

When muting the soundcard via the receive DSP panel, I can still hear signals (albeit high pitched) and I can't figure out
what setting I might have adjusted that is causing this, as it has never been a problem before.

Hope I explained it well enough.

Thanks.

Duane

Alan G4ZFQ

been a problem before.
Hope I explained it well enough.
Duane,

What SDR?

Alan

Duane K4BBN

It is the old original SDR Play 1.

OK. I went back ( with fresh eyeballs and mind this morning ) based on what wasasked and made sure I didn't have two receivers...

I killed the one receiver I had, but there was still one "behind" it and that's where
the high-pitched background signals are coming from, yet the DSP pane says No Receivers!
So that's what (I somehow created)  I'm hearing/seeing that I need to get rid. :-)

Thanks!
Duane

Duane
K4BBN

-----------------------------
Deut. 2:7

Duane K4BBN

Sorry for multiple replies through the email system that can be deleted.

With at least a somewhat fresher mind this morning :-)

I thought back through what I had done recently and arrived at the issue,
I had enabled the CW Skimmer when I started poking around with that
program the other day. That's what had created the "extra" signals I was receiving,
once I disabled CW Skimmer it went away.

Thanks for help!

Previous Reply:

It is the old original SDR Play 1.

OK. I went back ( with fresh eyeballs and mind this morning ) based on what you

asked Alan and made sure I didn't have two receivers...I killed the one receiver I have,

but there was still one "behind" it and that's where the high-pitched
background signals are coming from, yet the dsp pane says No Receivers!

So that's what I'm hearing/seeing and how do I get rid of what I've created (somehow). :-)

Thanks!