From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown via groups.io
Sent: 19 August 2020 16:29
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Change of course on user support

David,

The RSS feed works superbly in Outlook.

https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/app.php/rss

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of David J Taylor via groups.io
Sent: 19 August 2020 16:21
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io

Forums make it SO MUCH HARDER and more COMPLEX for regular users who have functional email and skills to use it. They turn the focus to the programmer (in this case a damn good one) and essentially blow off the user
(customer) with more to do than live on a keyboard. To me this is a disappointing change in the course of the best software support I have experienced. The next step seems destined to be “all support will be on the forum”, which is why I no longer use several good programs, one previously owned by Simon.

Larry N9JY
======================================

Have to agree, Larry. I like e-mail, and I'm not going to turn on my browser several times a day just to see whether anything of interest has happened. With e-mail, I have a Delete button if something doesn't interest me. With my own software I've never found a need for forums.

Having said all that, it does seem that Simon is making an effort to provide e-mail integration, which will be most welcome. Perhaps if discipline is better enforced on the forums that it is here on this mailing list, it may be easier to find topics of interest?

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Simon Brown

[...]

David J Taylor

[...]

Larry,

The reason for the forums is so I can provide support and also have a knowledge base. Despite my pleas I get many direct e-mails asking questions which have already been answered in this mailing list, this chews up my time.

There’s quite a high noise level here – interesting noise but it means I lose posts, don’t always see requests.

So this list *will* continue, but the forums will be the first goto-site. I’m trying to get a close integration between the two. You can click one link in the forums and see all new posts etc.