From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Dengler
Sent: 19 August 2020 06:24
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Channel power logging

Does SDRC have a way to log average received channel power to file at
regular intervals? I was doing this with SDRuno & it works very well but as
I'm planning to move away from SDRPlay products I'll eventually need to use
something else. HDSDR can do it quite nicely but there appears to be a
rather large time constant (several seconds) applied to the S-meter.
Normally this would be a good thing, but since the power is only recorded at
0.1 dB resolution in HDSDR I prefer to apply less averaging to the recorded
data & do it myself in Excel so I can take advantage of noise dithering to
reduce the quantization error in the final power readings.

Bob NO6B