SAM / AM

Ernst Siderits (OE3IDE)

Hello,
is there a way to switch off the automatic SAM-Mode?

If I switch to AM, on the next tune to a station, SDR Console switches back to SAM.
Using 3.0.24, Airspy HF+ discovery.
Thanks!

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Haven’t seen that happen. How are you ‘Tuning to the next station”? Via memories, point and click with mouse, or scrolling using the mouse scroll wheel?

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

If you have downloaded external frequency lists, and are using them to hop from one station to another, they may have been set to SAM versus AM. You might have to edit them, or choose another provider of BC stations that use AM only.

Kriss KA1GJU

Ernst Siderits (OE3IDE)

Hi,
this happens with point&click, scrolling (via Mouse or TMate) and even if I tune via FT-2000 (connected via Omnirig).
I just use the inbuilt "MW" Memory.
I tried also to switch to AM, and refresh the saved "MW" memory (with the small recycle icon).
No change.
I click on a AM BC station, change mode to "AM"... after scrolling to the next BC station, the mode automatically jumps to SAM.

73 de Ernst

Calder Latham

I too would like to have the ability to shut off SAM altogether. Mine switches on as well when I least want it.

I 'Think' it has to do with certain external radios and SDRC having an argument about what mode to be in.

Just a simple switch to never use SAM would be great,

Cal...W1HHO

--
All the Best from
the woods of Maine.

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Ahhh, the plot thickens!

Sounds like there might be a bug, but only when an external radio is connected. Some sort of interaction between Omnirig and SDRC.
May have to start a new thread to get the Simon's attention  #bug.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Looking further down the groups site, it appears the 'new' forum is online:
https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/index.php
There's a section for Bugs:
https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/viewforum.php?f=48
I suggest posting your issue there, be sure to mention that you are using an external radio with Omni rig, etc...

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Please post this request on https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/index.php .