Edit of Audio Files

jdow

Look up "PCALE". And if you are into EMCOM efforts join the "hflink" groups.io mailing list. ALE is not a really good fit for ham radio. It IS a really good fit for emergency communications at natural disaster levels.

{^_^}

On 20200804 01:52:21, Gisle Vanem via groups.io wrote:
I will do some reading if a recorded file can be trimmed by time also
While searching for this ALE subject, I found this Italian video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZdw_YCLJqc
Looks Greek to me.
Besides, if you're familiar with Python, there's lot you can do with for example /SciPy/ and the /wavefile/ module to automate things.
Google for |"scipy.io" +wavfile| for example.

jdow

Take a backup copy of hte file you play with then experiment. "What does THIS control do?" Software blowing up a computer with spitzensparken and all that stuff is Hollywood special effects. I only ran across one computer that had a "DETOMATE" instruction in its assembly language. "This function has no return." It meant the Minuteman missile warhead was sent the electrical signal to explode.

In recent years I've found that all I need is a backup of the file I am modifying. In the past it was fairly easy to cause a BSOD that required resusitative efforts on a computer. Over time you had to work more and more seriously hard to do this. On this particular computer I swear the level of software closest to the machine's USB hardware had a "crash randomly" instruction. Eventually ASUS found the problem and fixed it. At least the problem went away with a "keep your computer secure" BIOS update. Since then - no problems. So I fee safe recommending "play with the controls". Don't wonder "what does this or that control do?" Try it and find out. Worst case stop the program, restore the backup of the file you're playing with, and start back up.

{^_^}

On 20200804 00:53:24, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io wrote:
I need to correct what I said above.  The video I mentioned enough was not made by Simon, but by DK8OK.  It really helps to use a large screen and not a cell phone sometimes.
In the video (https://youtu.be/ZRs3P-rH19o), DK8OK uses the Analyzer function of SDR Console.  It was with this program that he was able to trim the 24 hour recording down to a specific frequency range.
I will look for documentation on the Analyzer portion of SDR Console.
I will do some reading if a recorded file can be trimmed by time also.  Don't know yet how much documentation is out there for this topic.  Perhaps if someone has any detailed instructions, they could post a link.
So my question now is:  Is there the capability to trip a file recorded by SDR Console based on time or frequency.  It looks like DK8OK was able to take care of the frequency part.  What I don't know is if he was able to re-save that excerpted file as a file readable by SDR Console.
Regards,
George

Gisle Vanem

I will do some reading if a recorded file can be trimmed by time also

While searching for this ALE subject, I found this Italian video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZdw_YCLJqc

Looks Greek to me.

Besides, if you're familiar with Python, there's lot you can do with for example SciPy and the wavefile module to automate things.

Google for "scipy.io" +wavfile for example.

George Stein - NJ3H

[...]

Greetings,

I saw a youtube video yesterday that Simon had made regarding ALE reception using SDRC vers 2.  It seems to me he recorded a 2 MHz bandwidth.  If I heard correctly, I thought he said that he edited the file to just limit the file to a narrow portion (where the ALE signals were).  Perhaps he just zoomed in.

There is software for the Perseus that allows trimming a Perseus file by time.  I have often thought of trimming a file by frequency would be a real nice thing to have.  However, I cannot imagine how such a thing would be possible.

Simon, did you actually trim the file for a specific frequency range?

Is there a trim file capability for TIME in the SDRC software?  If not, how would one at least accomplish this for a n SDRC audio file?  I would think a standard audio editing program would not work since it would get rid of header info, etc.

Love SDRC more and more each day.

Anyway, everyone have a good day.

Regards,
George, NJ3H