From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bart AA7VA
Sent: 25 July 2020 19:09
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Simon's World Map #request

Mr. Brown;
Luv that map, I use it as a background on the second monitor in the dungeo - errr, shack computer.  I was just wondering if it would be too difficult, or enough folks might like it, to have the International HF Beacons highlighted as they transmit, so it would be easier to visualize what the band conditions look like at that time.  You already have the Stations list (we can just add the right ones) and the clock, so we would just need to put our radios on the correct frequency for that band and listen in sequence.  Maybe sorta like that one MFJ used to sell, but on the computer.
I know it would be a lessor priority, but that is fine with me, it may be such a neeto thing to be able to watch and see if we can hear the current beacon station location and know right where it is.
Thank you for a truly epic SDR radio program - Console is my preferred band scope.
Bart AA7VA

Per

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 06:23 AM, Simon Brown wrote:

Hi,

Link to more information about these beacons please.

[...]

Simon Brown

Ah,

I understand. I don’t see any way to get the info though and at the moment I have a few complicated things to do.

[...]

Jim Smith G0OFE

The time and sequence of the transmission of the beacons is known (on a 3 minute cycle if I remember rightly), so would just need to be programmed in rather than data-fetched.

Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.