#future - server for online sdrs #future

Radioman ZeroZero

I was trying to use the online server earlier and find it very difficult to get connected to a working sdr.  Could you add a tick box to filter servers that have a password?  I assume if they don't have a password they can't be accessed.  There are loads without passwords.  It takes many button clicks to add a server then to try it.  The ones I connected to didn't have any signals on the band I was trying to look at so I guess the users had set it up incorrectly.

I have managed to find working ones in the past.
--
Thanks Steve M0ZEH

martin m3ghe

Steve, the information you want is already in the Server list, you just have to scroll across to see it.
--
Martin m3ghe

martin m3ghe

I think if we could reorder the columns it could help.
--
Martin m3ghe

Radioman ZeroZero

Hi Martin,
Yes this is how I do it. It's just long to try different sdrs.
--
Thanks Steve M0ZEH

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

   The primary problem is the default settings when somebody attempts to install a server:

Once they give up due to router configuration, port forwarding, firewalls, etc, their inoperative server keeps going online every time the computer is turned on.
So Simon's server is flooded with inoperative servers that once, in a galaxy far away, may have worked (or not).

Book mark the following link and use it to see which ones are active and what frequencies:
http://onairv3.sdrspace.com/onair-v3.xml

If you see an entry with more than 5 connections, it's probably stuck. Unfortunately, when building definitions, these stuck servers will allow you to build (Green Checkmark), save, and execute the definition. Only to get a big fat error after all that work!

Then, when you do find one that works, the QRM is so bad or the antenna is so deaf, it's useless.😕

I have 5 servers and 11 SDR's in NH (USA), and strive to keep them online and QRM free. Try mine, you won't be disappointed! Look for KA1GJU Super Station X.

73 Kriss KA1GJU