Topics

RSP TCP Server #rsp1a

David M0TGC

Is it possible to run sdr-console using a Rsp1a on a Raspberry PI running TCP server via lan?

Ron Liekens

I think its not supported by Simon. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
I also have a RSP server running on a Raspberry Pi which CubicSDR can run on a Windows OS.
Why not use the SDRconsole v3 server? It works perfect, on Windows OS of coarse.
For the moment even SDRuno cannot run on the RSP-TCP server. For this you have to wait for SDRuno v1.42 for this to happen.

best regards,
Ron

David M0TGC

One very important reason for using sdr-console is the geostationary beacon lock and I want to use PI because I can easily build it into an externally mounted box.

Rgds

David

Simon Brown

Ron,

I think I agree here. Anyway, although I could talk with the server on Pi I wouldn’t know the full protocol.

You can buy $99 PCs which work as a server.

I think its not supported by Simon. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
I also have a RSP server running on a Raspberry Pi which CubicSDR can run on a Windows OS.
Why not use the SDRconsole v3 server? It works perfect, on Windows OS of coarse.
For the moment even SDRuno cannot run on the RSP-TCP server. For this you have to wait for SDRuno v1.42 for this to happen.

best regards,
Ron

Glenn Blum <glennblum@...>

But a raspberry Pi can fit in the palm of your had and can run headless (No monitor, Keyboard or mouse) Easy to telnet into and also you can easily VCN with a remote desktop.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I think I agree here. Anyway, although I could talk with the server on Pi I wouldn’t know the full protocol.

You can buy $99 PCs which work as a server.

I think its not supported by Simon. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
I also have a RSP server running on a Raspberry Pi which CubicSDR can run on a Windows OS.
Why not use the SDRconsole v3 server? It works perfect, on Windows OS of coarse.
For the moment even SDRuno cannot run on the RSP-TCP server. For this you have to wait for SDRuno v1.42 for this to happen.

best regards,
Ron

Simon Brown

But would an API it’s useless! Show me an API…

Anyway, as is written on my home page, this is a Windows solution.

[...]

I have been jumping to conclusions.  HDSDR will run on a RSP1A connected to a PI via RSP_TCP using EXTIO_RSP_TCP.dll and so I thought sdr-console might do the same.

Thanks for the Amazon link, if that is the only way then ...

I haven’t had time to look at the RSP1A on a Pi server, busy elsewhere atm.