Your Graphics Card #poll-notice

I am considering FFT support for AMD Radeon Graphics Cards, this would be very similar to the support for NVIDIA CUDA. It helps with high bandwidths / sample rates, for example SDRplay at 8MHz.

Let me know your type of GPU.

Results

See Who Responded

Ray, W4BYG <w4byg@...>

AMD Radeon

--
They say a smart person learns from their mistakes. A
wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

https://www.avg.com

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Ray,
Read the last line in Simon's original post.
Then you can be wise and learn from a mistake 😊

Tom | G6PZZ
Nr Chesterfield | Derbyshire |UK | IO93he
HF250 | Sentinel 4 |RSPdx | RM50 | TR2 | ATS 808
15m MLB | MTA | D707
tom@crosbieit.co.uk

They say a smart person learns from their mistakes. A wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

https://www.avg.com

Simon Brown

OK,

We’re seeing a NVIDIA to AMD Radeon ration of 5 : 1.

I am considering FFT support for AMD Radeon Graphics Cards, this would be very similar to the support for NVIDIA CUDA. It helps with high bandwidths / sample rates, for example SDRplay at 8MHz.

Let me know your type of GPU.

1. NVIDIA
2. AMD Radeon
3. Other
4. No graphics card

Vote Now

Also,

Reading the forums the OpenCL driver support for low-end AMD Radeon cards isn’t great. At least I know I could add OpenCL support, but I’m not spending £160 on a card that I don’t need.

We’re seeing a NVIDIA to AMD Radeon ration of 5 : 1.

I am considering FFT support for AMD Radeon Graphics Cards, this would be very similar to the support for NVIDIA CUDA. It helps with high bandwidths / sample rates, for example SDRplay at 8MHz.

Let me know your type of GPU.

1. NVIDIA
2. AMD Radeon
3. Other
4. No graphics card

Vote Now

Christian Veith

Hi Simon,

Yes pretty much users having NVidia cards. But including OpenCL Support in SDRC would also enable the usage of the integrated GPU of the Ryzen CPUs.

This could be interesting for anyone using Ryzen Processors in notebooks or smallish systems (size of a intel nuc). Imho many users won't know that their CPU internal graphics unit is also a Radeon, a Vega in this case.

Best regards

Chris DL5CV

Simon Brown

But,

Is OpenCL supported on these processors? I can write a small test program which you can run, maybe do this today or tomorrow.

Yes pretty much users having NVidia cards. But including OpenCL Support in SDRC would also enable the usage of the integrated GPU of the Ryzen CPUs.

This could be interesting for anyone using Ryzen Processors in notebooks or smallish systems (size of a intel nuc). Imho many users won't know that their CPU internal graphics unit is also a Radeon, a Vega in this case.

Best regards

Chris DL5CV

Ray Lyford

Three Lives, Three Worlds, The Pillow Book (2020) Full 24/24 VietSub. Thục Nữ Phiêu Phiêu Quyền. Sweet Tai Chi (2019) Full 24/24 VietSub. Một Cô Nàng Béo. Love The Way You Are (2019) Full 16/16 VietSub + Thuyết Minh. Khách VIP (Jang NaRa) Full 52/52 VietSub + Thuyết Minh. Hải Đường Kinh Vũ Yên Chi Thấu.
www.khronos.org
Ray