Topics

SDR Radio Console without Omnirig with direct CAT Control (external Radio) for IC-9700 #usb #ic-9700 #cat #icom

Wolfgang Sidler

Hello
I'm using the external Radio feature with omnirig with my IC-9700 for the QO-100. It works fine but I had to tweak the IC-9700 Rigi INI-FIle.

I have three different ICOM Transceivers and would like to use the IC-7700 and the IC-7610 with Omnirig v1.19 as RIG 1 and RIG 2.
As you know, omnirig is only supporting two RIGs concurrent.

So, how can I connect the IC-9700 via USB directly without Omnirig as an "external Radio" in order to synchronize the freq. of the IC-9700 with SDR Radio Console for the QO-100 SAT operation?

Any idea?

Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang
www.hb9ryz.ch

martin m3ghe

Can you not use V2.x of Omnirig, it supports up to 4 rigs?

Martin

Wolfgang Sidler

Hi Martin
The development of Omnirig v2.1 was sponsored by myself :-)
http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

But it works only with the latest Swisslog version and HDSDR.

Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang

martin m3ghe

So why then do you imply on your webpage that it supports SDR Console V3.x?
What is OmniRig v2.1?
More than one program can you control the transceiver via OmniRig at the same time. In a typical scenario, the user will have a logger (e.g. Swisslog), a SDR receiver as panadapter (e.g. SDRPlay with SDR Radio v3.x), a remote SDR Receiver such as ColibriDDC (e.g. ExpertSDR2 Client software), and a digital mode software for FT8 (e.g. WSJT-X) running on his system. All these programs will know the current frequency, mode and all other rig parameters, and will be able to change them. The only requirement is that all programs use the OmniRig v2.1 component. Programs that use their own code to control the rig, require exclusive access to the communications port, and are incompatible with OmniRig v2.1. OmniRig v2.1 can control up to four transceivers or receivers if they are connected to different COM ports. Rig types are not hard-coded in OmniRig v2.1. On start-up, the component reads the rig description files from the Rigs\ sub-directory and supports all rigs for which a command set is defined. If your rig is not supported yet, create your own rig description file (and share it with other Omni-Rig users).
Or was it just a bad example?
Either way it is misleading.

Martin

martin m3ghe

A rather large image showing SDR Console connecting to the 4 radios via omnirig V2.1 also appears on your site.
Why if it doesn't?

Martin

Wolfgang Sidler

Hi Martin

You are right. I have to change the picture and the text.

This was intention from the beginning as we started in 2018 with the development.

But only Swisslog and HDSDR supports us in that

I will change the Text and the picture on my website today.

73

Wolfgang

A rather large image showing SDR Console connecting to the 4 radios via omnirig V2.1 also appears on your site.
Why if it doesn't?

Martin

Wolfgang Sidler

Hi Martin

My website is now up-to-date.

http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

A rather large image showing SDR Console connecting to the 4 radios via omnirig V2.1 also appears on your site.
Why if it doesn't?

Martin

I can add support for the Rig1-Rig4 but just haven’t done it yet – you’re the first person to ask for this.

The development of Omnirig v2.1 was sponsored by myself :-)
http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

But it works only with the latest Swisslog version and HDSDR.

Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang

martin m3ghe

The main image is still as it was, you changed the one that opens upon click, but not the static one.  Martin

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 02:18 AM, Wolfgang Sidler wrote:

Hi Martin

My website is now up-to-date.

http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Sidler

Hi Martin

Please refresh your Browser 😊

73

Wolfgang

The main image is still as it was, you changed the one that opens upon click, but not the static one.  Martin

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 02:18 AM, Wolfgang Sidler wrote:

Hi Martin

My website is now up-to-date.

http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Sidler

Hi Simon

Great 😊

Please let me know when my developer should get in contact with you regarding the source code etc.

Best 73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

I can add support for the Rig1-Rig4 but just haven’t done it yet – you’re the first person to ask for this.

The development of Omnirig v2.1 was sponsored by myself :-)
http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

But it works only with the latest Swisslog version and HDSDR.

Best 73 de HB9RYZ
Wolfgang

Wolfgang Sidler

Hello All

I found the soltion with HDSDR v2.8 and my IC-9700 using Omnirig v2.1 for the QO-100 SAT Operation

I made a post in the AMSAT-DL Forum:
https://forum.amsat-dl.org/index.php?thread/3369-hdsdr-v2-80-and-sdrplay-rsp2/&postID=15979#post15985

Setup:

- SDRPlay RSP2 for Downlink 739 MHz (LNB with 25 MHz Ref-In)

- IC-9700 as Transceiver for the Up-Link 431 MHz

- Omnirig v2.10 for HDSDR v2.80 http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

- QO-100 Transverter from PE1CMO

You need to install the the ExtIO_SDRplay_RSP2.dll for the SDRPlay RSP2

https://www.sdrplay.com/softwa…HDSDR_Installer_2.76a.exe

HDSDR Offset Configuration in the Omnirig SAT Menu:

- Options - CAT to Radio (Omni-Rig) - set Converter Offset

- Options - RF Front-end Configuration

Omnirig v2.10

http://www.hb9ryz.ch/omnirig/index.html

The whole QO-100 SAT Setup is on my website

http://www.hb9ryz.ch/sat/index.html

Best 73 de HB9RYZ

Wolfgang

www.hb9ryz.ch