Topics

TX frequency display

@303909

Hi all,

maybe a strupid question but I'm new with SDR console and cannot find a appropriate setting in the program options:
Is there any setting which allows to display the real TX frequency when using the down/up-converter function?

Thanks!

73 Michael

Simon Brown

Hi,

Not at the moment.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of 303909@...
Sent: 18 May 2020 20:56
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] TX frequency display

Hi all,

maybe a strupid question but I'm new with SDR console and cannot find a appropriate setting in the program options:
Is there any setting which allows to display the real TX frequency when using the down/up-converter function?

Thanks!

73 Michael

@303909

Hi Simon,

ok  - are there any plans to implement such an option?

Thanks!

73 Michael

Simon Brown

Hi,

I could obviously do this – why do you need it?

Simon Brown, G4ELI

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of 303909@...
Sent: 19 May 2020 20:10
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] TX frequency display

Hi Simon,

ok  - are there any plans to implement such an option?

Thanks!

73 Michael

@303909

Hi Simon,

wow - that would be awsome.

I had this idea because it is important for the QSO confirmation to put the real TX frequency into the logbook.
Yes, I could do the math by myself - but to be honest - if you have to do it after every QSO, it is a bit tedious ;)

I would be really grateful if an indication of the real TX frequency would be possible.

Thanks!

73 Michael

Lorenz Graßl

I had this idea because it is important for the QSO confirmation to put the real TX frequency into the logbook.
Yes, I could do the math by myself - but to be honest - if you have to do it after every QSO, it is a bit tedious ;)
I have the similar issue. I´m using Logger32 for my  "each day logging" and since weeks I´m dealing with the author Bob Furzer to get TX and RX-QRGs logged perfectly. In FT8 we (better "he") managed everything beautiful. Bob integrated now options to correct TX/RX-QRGs when working with e.g. WSJT-X or JTDX.

Concerning the "regular" logging of CW or SSB-QSOs Bob says that his Logger32 works "classically" and expects for logging two different QRGs for one QSO a radio with 2 VFOs - one for RX and one for TX - aka "SPLIT-operation". From my point of view I see that SDR-C represents ONE radio with ONE VFO. Is that right? And: would there be a way e.g. to set up two virtual com-ports, one for RX and one for TX? Or "simulate" 2 VFOs within SDR-C? One for TX on 2400,xxx MHz and the other one for RX on 10489,xxx MHz?

I guess that QO-100-users and maybe others as well would love this option to be able logging RX and TX correctly without manual corrections.

I hope, I could help to make the point more clear and work out the background of this feature request.

Thanks, Simon, for your time!
Lenz - DL8RDL

Simon Brown

Ah,

OK – the returned frequency from the FA command is the RX frequency which is 10GHz. There’s no way to access the actual TX frequency at the moment, also there’s no support for the TX frequency with the TS-2000 CAT commands which I use.

At the moment I can’t offer a solution I’m afraid.

Myself I use a paper log and just write either QO-100 or 10.4 GHz.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

Sent: 19 May 2020 22:22
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] TX frequency display

Hi Simon,

I would be really grateful if an indication of the real TX frequency would be possible.

Thanks!

73 Michael

Lorenz Graßl

OK – the returned frequency from the FA command is the RX frequency which is 10GHz. There’s no way to access the actual TX frequency at the moment, also there’s no support for the TX frequency with the TS-2000 CAT commands which I use.

Finally Bob Furzer implemented everything needed in Logger32. Now you can log TX and RX-frequency perfectly, even with SDR-console.

73 to all,
Lenz

@303909

Hi Simon,

thanks for your feedback.

I'm also using just a paper log. So for me, displaying the real tx frequency directly in "SDR console" would be sufficient.

Thanks!

73 Michael

Siegfried Jackstien

hmmm

simon sends "real" rx qr and "real" tx qrg to the sdr (as an example a pluto or lime) ...

in rx tab you find the lnb offset (9.75 ig) and in tx tab you find the tx offset (8.0895 gig) in the top row of the box

these two offsets are normally a one set and forget thingy (radio definitions converter offset) ... so simon could (instead of showing 9.75 and 8.0895) show the "real" numbers in that top row ...

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 20.05.2020 um 19:13 schrieb Lorenz Graßl:

Finally Bob Furzer implemented everything needed in Logger32. Now you can log TX and RX-frequency perfectly, even with SDR-console.

73 to all,
Lenz