Topics

#request - Receiver Unsquelched Indicator #request

Dennis Matzen

Hope this is not already a feature that I just do not know how to enable.

During wild-land fire season I have Console running with 6 receivers defined to monitor the various fire agencies in the area. I have them all un-muted (but squelched) all of the time. But once in a while one, or more, receivers will get a bit more noise or an off-carrier signal that causes the squelch to start popping. But I cannot tell which of the 6 receivers is doing this. So I have to either mute all and then un-mute one at a time or select each receiver and tighten up the squelch. It would be nice to have a visual indicator for each receiver when the squelch is open. Maybe a simulated LED in the signal meter. Then I could just select the receiver with the indicator flashing and tighten the squelch on it.

Thanks again Simon for your great work...
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

goscickiw

Great idea, I would like to request that as well. Back when I was using SDR# and its Aux VFO plugin, it had the VFO's number turn red when the squelch was triggered. I miss that feature so much. SDR Console could have something similar.
Also you probably should use a #future tag.

Simon Brown

OK,

How would you like this displayed? Give me a suggestion please.

[...]

jdow

I'd go for a little colored dot upper right in the matrix windows. A similar colored at the bottom of the waterfall centered on the appropriate receiver might work for the main window. I figure four or five pixels "diameter" should be plenty.
{^_^}

On 20200513 22:30:00, Simon Brown wrote:
[...]

I took a screen capture and then edited it. Look at receiver #4, I put a red dot that indicates this receiver is un-squelched. This is what I had in mind.

I guess another option would be to change the color of the label at the bottom of the receiver window (4 : 154.21 Mhz in my screen capture).

Thank you
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

Curt Faulk

I think this is a great suggestion.  I like the idea of both the red dot in the location shown and also the different color label (red?} at the bottom of the receiver window.

David J Taylor

Unsquelched I would prefer to see a green dot, not red. Like the IC-R8600.

To me, red implies transmission, "On air".

David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Twitter: @gm8arv

Bote Man

Doesn't the spectrum display already provide a visual indication?

--
Bote's Streaming Scanner Feeds
http://www.botecomm.com/bote/radio/streaming.html

Don Melcher

If I didn’t ask for this previously I meant to

How about the digits of the frequency changing color.

Dennis, we need to compare notes.

Don
W6CZ

Don Melcher

Having an Alpha Label in place of the frequency would be nice as well.

Simon Brown

What’s an Alpha label?