BANDWIDTH SDRPLAY RSP1A #rsp1a

Manuel Ant Ruiz <eb5gie@...>

Edited

hola simon, en primer lugar felicidades por el gran trabajo y desarrollo de la consola v3.
La semana pasada en el concurso vhf, tuve algunas señales muy fuertes en las frecuencias cercanas, y me gustaría saber si sería tan amable de agregar anchos de banda más pequeños, como 50kmz y 100khz para aumentar el rendimiento y la selectividad del RSP1A.
¿seria posible?
Mi grupo de amigos y yo, que hemos estado usando su gran programa durante algún tiempo, les estaríamos eternamente agradecidos.
muchas gracias.

Denis Ferrand

Excellente idée !

Cordiales salutations de Denis FERRAND

Le mar. 5 mai 2020 à 21:16, Manuel Ant Ruiz <eb5gie@...> a écrit :
hello simon, first of all congratulations for the great work and development of the console v3.
Last week in the vhf contest, I had some very strong signals at nearby frequencies, and I would like to know if you would be so kind as to add smaller bandwidths, such as 50kmz and 100khz to increase the performance and selectivity of the RSP1A.
would it be possible?
My group of friends and I, who have been using your great program for some time, would be eternally grateful to you.
many thanks.

Bob Dengler

At 5/5/2020 12:16 PM, you wrote:
hello simon, first of all congratulations for the great work and development of the console v3.
Last week in the vhf contest, I had some very strong signals at nearby frequencies, and I would like to know if you would be so kind as to add smaller bandwidths, such as 50kmz and 100khz to increase the performance and selectivity of the RSP1A.
Define "bandwidth". I know that sounds funny but it depends where in the SDR signal chain you're referring to. IF bandwidth can be set as narrow as you want. But I think the real problem is LO phase noise in the front end of the RSP1a. I noticed it's much worse than my Airspy Mini @ VHF & UHF. At 20 kHz separation & 15 kHz BW I only get about 40 dB of dynamic range, IOW if there's a signal 40 dB or more stronger than the one I want to hear, it gets covered by the phase noise. The phase noise does go down with frequency up to a certain point (low to mid-VHF IIRC), so you could build a downconverter using a clean LO source, or simply buy an SDR with lower LO phase noise.

Bob NO6B