Freeze After Band Change #rsp1a #ts-590

Ryan

Ok, Im going to try this one more time. My first 2 posts never posted.

I am running a RSP1A with SDRC synced to my Kenwood TS-590sg using Omnirig. When I change bands on my radio I get a partial freeze of SDRC. Rig sync is still working but SDRC no longer follows my radio. The waterfall and frequency display freeze. I have to restart the program to get it working again and at times when I do this the whole program crashes and I have to restart my computer. The only way I can change bands and avoid freezing is if i use the favorites tab in SDRC. Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks,

Ryan W6ZAR

Siegfried Jackstien

maybe that option solves it (see pic) ... but i do not exactly know it (a shoot in the dark)

what you also can try is ... not use external radio but the cat port from console (ts2000)

omnirig can sync two rigs

so you can connect one (your real rig) to rig1 in omnirig ... and ts2000 (console) to rig 2

thats another way to solve sync of external rig and console ...

BOTH ways should work but regardless what setup you use .. the tuned frequency .. must be within the viewed spectrum ...

make visible means "retune sdr" ... and i guess that only after that "make visible" is done you will see your spectrum again

worth a try ...

dg9bfc sigi

Am 22.04.2020 um 01:50 schrieb Ryan via groups.io:

I am running a RSP1A with SDRC synced to my Kenwood TS-590sg using Omnirig. When I change bands on my radio I get a partial freeze of SDRC. Rig sync is still working but SDRC no longer follows my radio. The waterfall and frequency display freeze. I have to restart the program to get it working again and at times when I do this the whole program crashes and I have to restart my computer. The only way I can change bands and avoid freezing is if i use the favorites tab in SDRC. Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks,

Ryan W6ZAR

Simon Brown

Hi,

Your RSP1A is not a happy bunny changing frequency:

11:49:52.122: Radio SDRplayV3: Set Frequency> Set frequency 1900004

11:49:57.132: Radio SDRplayV3: Set Frequency> sdrplay_api_Update sdrplay_api_Update_Tuner_Frf failed: sdrplay_api_ServiceNotResponding

This is an issue with the SDRplay software, I’ll look at a workaround a bit later.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan via groups.io
Sent: 22 April 2020 02:51
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Freeze After Band Change #rsp1a #TS-590

Thanks,

Ryan W6ZAR

Simon Brown

Hi,

I would like to see the console while it’s running normally please, so another screenshot.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan via groups.io
Sent: 22 April 2020 02:51
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Freeze After Band Change #rsp1a #TS-590

Thanks,

Ryan W6ZAR

Ryan

Here you go Simon.

Ryan W6ZAR

Simon Brown

OK,

I’ll be in contact.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

Sent: 22 April 2020 11:12
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Freeze After Band Change #rsp1a #TS-590

Here you go Simon.

Ryan W6ZAR

Ryan

Any updates on this?

Ryan W6ZAR 

Simon Brown

Sorry,

No. I’m taking a day off, maybe Thursday as well. I have plants to look after and some coding to learn. Next on my list is resolving the External Radio issues, so starting Friday with luck.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

Sent: 27 May 2020 13:37
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Freeze After Band Change #rsp1a #TS-590

Any updates on this?

Ryan W6ZAR 

Ryan

Still having this issue.