Decimal digit in frequency entry window

Christian Veith

Hi Simon,

First things first. Thank you very much for the time writing that excellent piece of software :) I'm using it since June for QO-100 with a lime sdr mini and now with a hermes-lite for shortwave.

I've found an issue within the frequency entry dialog. I'm using a German keyboard layout (qwertz), de-DE.

On that particular layout a comma key is located on the number pad, where a dot is on en-GB or en-US layouts.

SDR Console expects a dot when entering frequencies in MHz. It would be nice if SDR Console would respect the locale settings of the operating system at this point, as the decimal separator char is the comma in some countries.

The Version that i use is 3.0.20.

Screenshots:

Entering the value 10.123 results in 10.123 MHz

When entering 10,123 it only lets me enter 10,1 and the result is this:

Best regards

Christian

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Is that something that can be changed in settings in Windows?
Advanced Keyboard settings more specifically?

Kriss KA1GJU

BTW...Meine Vorfahren stammen aus Endlefeld, Bayern. Westlich von Regansburg.

Christian Veith

Hi Kriss,

thanks for your reply. Yes it can be changed with the Keyboard Layout.

When i switch to Swiss Keyboard Layout i'll have the Dot on the number pad. But that affects the whole Operating System with every running program :( This would lead to some other bad mistakes when writing e-mails as some characters have other positions and special characters than the original de-DE Layout.

Changing the general behaviour of Windows with the decimal separator char or thousands delimiter could have some other negative impact i don't wanna risk.

A good way for international support would be to give the parser, which converts the string to a decimal, the current input locale. Maybe it would be sufficient to check if the value contains a comma or a dot, as these two characters are the only decimal separators i'm aware of.