SDR Console V3.0.21 Crashes when Satellite Module is started. #satellites #sdrconsolev3 #bug

Kamal Edirisinghe

Dear friends,

I need your help resolving my problem. I use a Pluto SDR with SDR console V3.0.21. Whenever I start the Satellite module, a screen pops up for 1 second and then it disappears. I think that's the 'Satellite' module's interface. Then a 'Please wait' small dialog box comes for few minutes and then a crash report screen comes (attached).

I ran SDR console in Administrator mode . Installed in C:\program files and D:\  root location alternatively but no successes. Further I installed SDR console V3.0.20 and .17 also in three computers here and the same problem happens. Two PCs running Win7 32 bit. One laptop Win32 64bit.

73
Kamal 4S7AB Sri Lanka

And this only seems to be W7, it’s on my higher-priority list.

I need your help resolving my problem. I use a Pluto SDR with SDR console V3.0.21. Whenever I start the Satellite module, a screen pops up for 1 second and then it disappears. I think that's the 'Satellite' module's interface. Then a 'Please wait' small dialog box comes for few minutes and then a crash report screen comes (attached).

I ran SDR console in Administrator mode . Installed in C:\program files and D:\  root location alternatively but no successes. Further I installed SDR console V3.0.20 and .17 also in three computers here and the same problem happens. Two PCs running Win7 32 bit. One laptop Win32 64bit.

73
Kamal 4S7AB Sri Lanka

Kamal Edirisinghe

Dear Simon,

Can we expect a fix for this issue in your next release ?

Any update is highly appreciated.

73 DE 4S7AB Kamal

Kamal Edirisinghe
82B, Walaliyadda,
Ellakkala 11116,
Sri Lanka
Ham Radio Callsign 4S7AB (Primary) / KA5MAL, 8Q7ED(Other)
Tel : +94777315630 (GSM/SMS/WhatsApp/Viber)
skype : kamal_ediri
web : http://4s7ab.bravosl.com

On 2/16/2020 12:50 PM, Simon Brown wrote:

Hi,

And this only seems to be W7, it’s on my higher-priority list.

I need your help resolving my problem. I use a Pluto SDR with SDR console V3.0.21. Whenever I start the Satellite module, a screen pops up for 1 second and then it disappears. I think that's the 'Satellite' module's interface. Then a 'Please wait' small dialog box comes for few minutes and then a crash report screen comes (attached).

I ran SDR console in Administrator mode . Installed in C:\program files and D:\  root location alternatively but no successes. Further I installed SDR console V3.0.20 and .17 also in three computers here and the same problem happens. Two PCs running Win7 32 bit. One laptop Win32 64bit.

73
Kamal 4S7AB Sri Lanka

I have two 32-bit W7 systems, both work well.

Are you using the defaults for the Satellite display?

I think another program has been installed which has affected the graphics DLLs.

I can work with you to resolve this, it involves me added a lot of debugging and you running test programs.

I need your help resolving my problem. I use a Pluto SDR with SDR console V3.0.21. Whenever I start the Satellite module, a screen pops up for 1 second and then it disappears. I think that's the 'Satellite' module's interface. Then a 'Please wait' small dialog box comes for few minutes and then a crash report screen comes (attached).

I ran SDR console in Administrator mode . Installed in C:\program files and D:\  root location alternatively but no successes. Further I installed SDR console V3.0.20 and .17 also in three computers here and the same problem happens. Two PCs running Win7 32 bit. One laptop Win32 64bit.

73
Kamal 4S7AB Sri Lanka

Kamal Edirisinghe

Hi Simon,

Yes I am using the defaults for the satellite display. I wasn't able to turn it ON atleast once to change any settings etc.. This happens in 2 PCs both on win 7 2 bit. Same with one laptop win7 64bit.

I am happy to work with you and run any debug captures for you. Please let me know how you want this to be done.

73 DE 4S7AB Kamal

Kamal Edirisinghe
82B, Walaliyadda,
Ellakkala 11116,
Sri Lanka
Ham Radio Callsign 4S7AB (Primary) / KA5MAL, 8Q7ED(Other)
Tel : +94777315630 (GSM/SMS/WhatsApp/Viber)
skype : kamal_ediri
web : http://4s7ab.bravosl.com

On 3/4/2020 1:13 AM, Simon Brown wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Simon Brown

I need your e-mail address os I can invite you to the test team.

Yes I am using the defaults for the satellite display. I wasn't able to turn it ON atleast once to change any settings etc.. This happens in 2 PCs both on win 7 2 bit. Same with one laptop win7 64bit.

I am happy to work with you and run any debug captures for you. Please let me know how you want this to be done.

73 DE 4S7AB Kamal

Kamal Edirisinghe

Simon,  my email is kamediri@...

73