Pluto michmatch SDR Console newer versions #sdrconsole #qo100 #adalmpluto

oh8lrb@...

Hi Folks

I hope users have a idea why I can't use newer version than v3,0,14.

Every versions after v3,0,14 makes unwanted effect with my Adalm Pluto.
When I switch TX on the air by Pluto (Tx-button in DSP TX-window) it creating several TX-signal on the air and modulation is also distorted.

Version  v3,0,14 working perfectly , but now during after beacon qo100 has chance I will be interested find out and may start use newer versions.

Kindly 73
Tomi Tikkanen oh4ms/oh8lrb

Simon Brown

Hi Tomi,

Please add a screenshot: https://www.sdr-radio.com/support#Screenshot

I hope users have a idea why I can't use newer version than v3,0,14.

Every versions after v3,0,14 makes unwanted effect with my Adalm Pluto.

When I switch TX on the air by Pluto (Tx-button in DSP TX-window) it creating several TX-signal on the air and modulation is also distorted.

Version  v3,0,14 working perfectly , but now during after beacon qo100 has chance I will be interested find out and may start use newer versions.

Kindly 73

Tomi Tikkanen oh4ms/oh8lrb

jdow

I presume you want him to make sure what he sends includes as many settings as practical.... Right?

{o.o}

On 20200215 10:41:16, Simon Brown wrote:
Hi Tomi,
Please add a screenshot: https://www.sdr-radio.com/support#Screenshot
I hope users have a idea why I can't use newer version than v3,0,14.
Every versions after v3,0,14 makes unwanted effect with my Adalm Pluto.
When I switch TX on the air by Pluto (Tx-button in DSP TX-window) it creating several TX-signal on the air and modulation is also distorted.
Version  v3,0,14 working perfectly , but now during after beacon qo100 has chance I will be interested find out and may start use newer versions.
Kindly 73
Tomi Tikkanen oh4ms/oh8lrb

oh8lrb@...

Hi Folks!

I downloaded & install the new 0.21 version again. I took print screen (not recommended ?)
Result about TX was the same like always here were happened after version 3.014.

I tohught if my pluto may need update firmware, but I flashed latest pluto firm at autumn 2019.

Kindly
Tomi oh4ms

Siegfried Jackstien

wow ... so many faults in one setup

use geosationary beacon locking... thats needed for stability on receive (all lnb do drift a bit except gps locked ones)

set lnb correct (plusminus a few hundred hertz is best but depends on stability of your lnb used)

set tx/rx sync to on (not only frequency but also mode!!)

USE USB MODE

then tune plutos ppm value till tx and rx do match

in my case i tune the trimmer of a tuneable tcxo and set plutos clock to exact 40 megs and forgetabouttheppmsettings :-)

you have to set ppm value till rx and tx do match (WITH ACTIVATED GEO BEACON LOCK!!)

then ... you can set rit and xit to 0hz!!!

and all is transceive and synced well

dg9bfc sigi

Am 15.02.2020 um 20:15 schrieb Tomi Tikkanen:

Hi Folks!

I downloaded & install the new 0.21 version again. I took print screen (not recommended ?)
Result about TX was the same like always here were happened after version 3.014.

I tohught if my pluto may need update firmware, but I flashed latest pluto firm at autumn 2019.

Kindly
Tomi oh4ms

Tomi Tikkanen <oh8lrb@...>

Hi Folks!
..continue , I forgot mention about attached picture ,

-why tx/rx - lsb/usb -because the newer/bigger version than 0.14 is possible understand message (modulation) that way

-why xit -50.000 -because beacon has chance the frq

-why v3.0.14 -because all is fine

Kindly
Tomi oh4ms

jdow

May I suggest that for testing for spurious you use a different receiver than the one within the Pluto chip? Leakage paths can confuse measurements tremendously. (SDRSharp is probably enough when looking for spurious.)

{o.o}

On 20200215 12:15:35, Tomi Tikkanen wrote:
Hi Folks!
I downloaded & install the new 0.21 version again. I took print screen (not recommended ?)
Result about TX was the same like always here were happened after version 3.014.
I tohught if my pluto may need update firmware, but I flashed latest pluto firm at autumn 2019.
Kindly
Tomi oh4ms
Sdr_console_pluto_v3021_oh4ms.jpg

jdow

I'd not try to get support for something that old were I you. You complain about how it works and in the same breath say all is fine with the version you are using. "A contradiction it makes," says Yoda.

{o.o}

On 20200215 12:59:01, Tomi Tikkanen wrote:
Hi Folks!
..continue , I forgot mention about attached picture ,
-why tx/rx - lsb/usb -because the newer/bigger version than 0.14 is possible understand message (modulation) that way
-why xit -50.000 -because beacon has chance the frq
-why v3.0.14 -because all is fine
Kindly
Tomi oh4ms

Tomi Tikkanen <oh8lrb@...>

Hi Folks, hello from the last frontier again,
 continue explain about the attached picture v3.0.21

use geosationary beacon locking... thats needed for stability on receive (all lnb do drift a bit except gps locked ones)

-in the picture the beacon is locked

set lnb correct (plusminus a few hundred hertz is best but depends on stability of your lnb used)

-at version 3.0.14 rx & tx are sync

set tx/rx sync to on (not only frequency but also mode!!) USE USB MODE

-in the case at the picture is possible understand message on the air when LSB/USB are cross selected, however analogic signal is distorted and not selective 2.8khz (notice in IF-display and wider peak in FFT-display). Of course I use USB/USB  & sync by the version 3.0.14 or earlier.

then tune plutos ppm value till tx and rx do match

-tcxo has chanced at 2019 to 0.5ppm , no functional problem

you have to set ppm value till rx and tx do match (WITH ACTIVATED GEO BEACON LOCK!!)

-all ok when I use the version 3.0.14 or earlier

then ... you can set rit and xit to 0hz!!! and all is transceive and synced well

-all ok when I use the version 3.0.14 or earlier, after qo100 beacon during has chanced is possible find sync by using Xit -50.000

Version  v3,0,14 working ok , but now during after beacon qo100 has chance I will be interested find out and may start use newer versions. This old version not support so well new beacon than new one.

Kindly
Tomi oh4ms

Tomi Tikkanen <oh8lrb@...>

Hi Folks!
..continue ,

today I checked firmware of the Pluto, and seems it's on date and latest version.

I attached one picture both of running tx by v3.0.14 and v3.0.21.
Now I got visible my three several signals by pluto when I'm testig  v3.0.21.
Both version picture I have locked the beacon, but v3.0.21 not using xit like  v3.0.14 have xit-50.000.
The pluto I'm using by ethernet 60m cable and adapter usb/ethernet  made by Green.

I like using my QO100 station by Sdr Console and interested find out the case.
This time I don't have idea is the reason harware, software or I need to find out do more settings with wersions after v3.0.14.

Kindly
Tomi oh4ms