Topics

#future RX TX sync through transmitted signal #future

Christian Veith

Hi Simon,

I would like to synchronize my up and downlink frequencies for QO-100 usage without GPSDO.

Currently I'm using the IS0GRB with the VaraSat Modem and the calibration function. I put the minor correction values from the modem into RIT and XIT.

It would be nice if there is a function which corrects the tx frequency based on a signal transmitted to the transponder and heard back. Something like a tune signal, which is used to calculate the offset which is then applied until next restart or tuning of the radio.

Best regards

Chris
DL5CV

Vy 73 de DL5CV

Siegfried Jackstien

a measurement tool that shows the received tone frequency when pressing the tune button ...

example you send the 500 hz tone and the soft receives it and measures 480hz ... then you are 20 hz low

yepp ... that would be perfect to tune your station to be really transceive

dg9bfc sigi

Am 06.02.2020 um 20:53 schrieb Christian Veith:

Hi Simon,

I would like to synchronize my up and downlink frequencies for QO-100 usage without GPSDO.

Currently I'm using the IS0GRB with the VaraSat Modem and the calibration function. I put the minor correction values from the modem into RIT and XIT.

It would be nice if there is a function which corrects the tx frequency based on a signal transmitted to the transponder and heard back. Something like a tune signal, which is used to calculate the offset which is then applied until next restart or tuning of the radio.

Best regards

Chris
DL5CV

Vy 73 de DL5CV

Michael Beck

Am Fr., 7. Feb. 2020 um 21:33 Uhr schrieb Siegfried Jackstien
<siegfried.jackstien@...>:

a measurement tool that shows the received tone frequency when pressing the tune button ...

example you send the 500 hz tone and the soft receives it and measures 480hz ... then you are 20 hz low

yepp ... that would be perfect to tune your station to be really transceive
we already have this in the "IF Display" - at least partially

Michael
DH5DAX/HB9ERP